5.

In the dorm rooms, everyone is sound asleep. All but 2 people.

Levi, who can't sleep for long periods anyway, only has one person on his mind....and that's Eren. He stares outside his small window, looking at the stars, only a few clouds present, trying to form pictures and patterns with them, a habit he had when he woke up and couldn't get back to sleep again.

As he's staring outside, he hears small pattern sounds from outside...it's raining.

He loves the rain. It always makes him feel better when he's stressed and it's the only thing that helps him sleep. He can't help but think of what to do regarding Eren, the only subject on his brain since...the incident...

He coughs dryly, so he stands up and makes his way downstairs, towards the kitchen, when he sees an open window.

#LEVI POV#

Damn brats, always leaving everything open! Didn't they learn about safety growing up?

He walks slowly towards the open window, about to close it, when he sees a figure outside. Almost immediately his guard is up and he's wide awake.

Who is that? He talks to himself, not out loud though, so as not to scare the mysterious figure away.

As he gets closer and closer to the door, he opens it to find Eren standing out in the pouring rain, right outside the stables, faces pointed to the sky, his eyes closed and a small but visible smile on his face.

(end of pov)

"Oi! Brat! What are you doing out there!", Levi shouts only hard enough, as not to wake the rest of the scouts.

Eren jumps in shock, as he thought he was the only one awake at this time of night. "N-nothing sir!", he replies as he runs towards Levi, who is still standing in the doorway. Eren almost immediately gets nervous when he sees the angry expression on Levi's face.

"Uh, I was just practising horse riding, just like you taught me today sir...", he replies with a visible blush on his face, Levi only thinking of it as Eren being cold or something.

He sees a visible change in Levi's facial expression as his face turns from angry and annoyed to shocked mixed with confusion and a little bit of happiness. After all, he did not expect such a forward and surprising reply from the younger boy.

" O-oh, well why were you standing in the rain then, huh?", he tries to get himself together again by crossing his arms and giving him a normal, blank face, although he was internally just worried if Eren was ok.

Eren's face changes at his question, not expecting his cold captain to ask why he was out there.

"Well, uh you see captain, the rain calms me in a way, like it's almost washing my problems away and taking it far away with the flow of the water, even if it's just for a split-second. It allows me to think about everything that's happened so far...", he replies to his captain with a blush on his face because he shared something very personal that has only been shared once, and that was with his mind...

"I see...", Levi says and simply turns around, walking away, leaving Eren alone outside. He continues on his original route to the kitchen to get a glass of water, not even noticing Eren trailing behind him like a small puppy seeking attention from its owner.

As he follows Levi, he leaves behind a trail of water drops that fell from his soaking wet clothes. "Where are you going, sir? The dorms are the other way.", Eren asks confused as he thought Levi would just go back to sleep after scolding him.

"I'm just getting a drink, who are you to check up on me? Your, not my mother or Erwin!", he snaps at Eren giving him a burning glare.

Eren is taken aback by Levi's sudden hostility and turns away while saying, " I'm sorry for asking sir...", his shoulders sagging a bit in sudden sadness.

"Oi, brat.", he hears Levi's voice behind him. "Sir?", he asks, his voice almost breaking when he feels his tears rising by the second. He just wanted to get out of there.
"You're still soaking wet, and dripping all over the clean floor.", Levi says, his voice not as harsh as before but still stern, his OCD coming through strongly.

"Oh, uh, I'm sorry sir...", he answers not entirely sure what to do next, his heart hurting for some reason.
What did he expect? Levi apologizing and begging for his forgiveness? Hell no. He knows him better than that.

Levi steps forward and drapes his jacket over Eren's shoulders, since it was already there, hanging over a chair... "Here...take this. Get out of those clothes and back to bed, I can't have a half-asleep soldier on my team now can I?", he says and turns around walking back to his room.

"Yes sir.", Eren smiles at Levi's back as he's walking away from Eren.  Levi not seeing the blush on Eren's cheeks. He turns around and heads back to his room and does as his captain commanded, his eyes slowly closing as he slips away into his dreams... his dreams about Levi's dreams about his captain...

______________________________________

Hey guys! thanks so much for reading this chapter.
Every moment is getting more and more! I can't wait for them to get together!😂

I fangirled a bit in this chapter, they are so cute together♡

So anyway, don't forget to vote and comment and I'll see u in the next chapter!

-litchii♡