Chapter 7. Corinne's Transition

Caroline walks out of the Salvatore Boarding House with some blood bags in a tote bag. She opens the driver's door, putting the tote bag in the passenger's seat as she hears a whoosh. She looks around, figuring out it's Klaus.

"Klaus?", she says, getting frightened. She turns around and there he is.

"Hello, Caroline", Klaus says, leaning her against her car, shoving his hand in her chest, griping her heart.

She groans, struggling to breathe.

"Hurts doesn't it?", Klaus says to her, giving her a cold glare. "Thanks to you, Corinne is transitioning into a vampire"

"I didn't mean to hurt her", Caroline says.

"Ah, you did hurt her, Caroline", Klaus says, inches from her face, gripping her heart even more. She groans. "You really think by turning Corrine into a vampire would do what, exactly, ease your jealousy!"

"My humanity switch was off", Caroline tells him.

"You compelled Corinne to kill herself!", Klaus shouts at her, slamming his hand against the car window. "I'm not gonna kill you, love, not yet, my first priority is to help Corinne adjust to her new vampire abilities and I'm going to help her, as for you, Caroline, my affections for Corinne is why I'm not gonna kill you"

Klaus pulls his hand out of Caroline's chest, letting her fall on the ground. He vamp-speeded away. Caroline coughs as she slowly gets up and looks at the passenger's seat to see the tote bag with the blood bags gone.

~•~

Corinne's POV

I'm in the kitchen, looking for something to snack on. Elena and Bonnie are at school. A knock is on the door. I walk to it and I see Klaus. I open the door and we look at each other.

"Hi", I say to him, trying to smile.

"Hi", he says, walking in and I close the door behind us.

"Is Caroline okay?", I asked him.

He looks at me with an angry look. "She's fine"

I smile a little and I stumble a little. He catches me and lifts me up in his arms, bridal style.

"I've got you, love, I've got you", he says to me. I lean my head on his shoulder as he walks to me to my room.

He lays me down on my bed and we look at each other. "You need to feed"

"Klaus", I say to him.

"I can't lose you", he says to me. "I need you"

"Klaus", I say to him, sitting up straight.

"I have a family and a home, in New Orleans, I would like for you to visit, with me", he says to me with a small smile.

I look at him, surprisingly. "You want me, to visit your home in New Orleans"

"The French Quarter, I live there, it has art, and music, and it's a whole new world out there", he says to me. "Just ask"

I sit up straight and I look at him. "Okay"

He smiles a little and so did I. He rolls up his jacket sleeve. He hands me his wrist and I gently take as I nervously bit his wrist. I lean my head on his head as he soothes my hair.

Suddenly, as I'm drinking some of Klaus's blood, my eyes change to blood-red. I'm turning into a vampire. At first, the blood is metallic as I'm drinking it. And now, I'm completing my transition into a vampire.

To protect my mother of course.

~•~

Mystic Falls High School

(Corinne's POV/Outfit🔝) I'm in the gym, saying goodbye to Elena and Bonnie

(Corinne's POV/Outfit🔝) I'm in the gym, saying goodbye to Elena and Bonnie. I had told them that I'm quitting the cheerleading team and I'm leaving Mystic Falls.

"Are you leaving because you're mad at Caroline?", Elena asked me with concern.

"Nope", I say to her. "I'm just...not speaking to her"

"Okay", she says as we share a hug. "Please, video chat"

I chuckle. "I will, Elena". We withdraw from the hug as I hug Bonnie.

"You better video chat us, Corinne", Bonnie says to me with a smile. "And you're need a daylight ring"

I smile at her as she hands me my daylight ring.

"Thanks", I say to her.

"You're welcome", Bonnie says, sliding my daylight ring on my left hand index finger.

"Group hug", Elena says as she, Bonnie and I hug each other. I playfully sob. Elena and Bonnie just smile.

I'm not leaving because of Caroline nor am I leaving because my own sister turned me into a vampire out of jealousy.
Yeah. I'm mad at her. I just need some space. Klaus is right. It's whole world out there. And I wanna explore it.

What did you think of the chapter? What did you think of Klaus's anger towards Caroline? Vote and comment.