Chapter 2: Joining them

Y/n's pov

I look out the window into the vastness of space as the ship was driving itself. Wukong approached me.

Wukong: beautiful isn't it?
Y/n: kinda makes you feel small. You said we're going to a dojo?
Wukong: yes. Many tenno live there.
???: Wukong, are you sure you wanna let a *dirty criminal* uhh... Thief in the dojo?

The strange voice startled me. I look around to see what it was.

Wukong: you needn't worry. The voice is from a cephalon named Ordis. He often guides our members during missions.
Ordis: i apologize. My systems are often *rotting* glitching out. I do believe i require maintenance.
Y/n: ok.

To clear up confusion Y/n is only affected by cognition if the person is alive (has a brain) robots and AI can hear Y/n perfectly.

I turned to and saw a large structure.

Y/n: is that...?
Ordis: indeed. It is a tenno dojo. These are scattered all over the origin system.

We landed inside the dojo. Inside i saw warframes of different colors and shapes.

Wukong: follow me, young one.

I followed Wukong. As we walked, warframes happily (despite not having faces) waved at me. I didn't really expect a warm welcome right away. It made me blush under my raven mask.

Y/n: why am i not being looked at weirdly?
Wukong: we don't discriminate. Whoever needs our help, we'll be there to assist.

Me and Wukong continued until a large door opened. Inside were some warframes with gold.

Y/n: who are they?
Wukong: these are the elders.

Wukong stepped to the center and spoke.

Wukong: this child is not tenno or any sort of living weapon. But he has proven he is not allied with the Grineer or Corpus.

A warframe wearing a scarf approached me and took a look at me.

???: what strange clothing... Who are you...?
Y/n: ...

I couldn't speak since he didn't know how to feel about me. He then placed a hand on my shoulder and looked into my e/c eyes.

???: it is ok, young one.
Y/n: my name is Y/n, but i go by my codename Zero when on missions.
Umbra: i am Umbra Excalibur, the chief elder of this dojo. Our dojo only accepts one of each warframe, making us the most diverse dojo.
Y/n: cool. So why was i brought here?
Wukong: we saw the potential within you and believe you will help us with our mission.
Y/n: what is it?
Umbra: we are at war with the sentients. A race of robots created by the Orokin with the ability to adapt to almost anything.
Wukong: however, the power of a tenno is too much for them to adapt to since void energy is poisonous to them.

It looked like they wanted me to join them.

Y/n: why do you fight them?
Umbra: they have someone important to us...

Suddenly everyone looked down and looked like they were sad.

Y/n: who is this person.
Umbra: she is the Lotus.
Y/n: the Lotus...
Umbra: she is the one who cared for the tenno. She was a sentient named Natah, but disobeyed her father Hunhow and joined us against the sentients.
Y/n: what happened to her now.
Umbra: i fear she has become Natah once more.

Umbra approached me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

Umbra: young one, i know you aren't involved in this, but your power has shown to be equal to ours. We only wish for one thing: for you to help us face the sentients and save our Lotus.

These people needed my help. They've been at war for god knows how long. It was a war that needed to be stopped.

Y/n: i... I accept.

The elders cheered. I was handed a key and a map of the dojo. I was told where my room was. On the way many tenno happily waved at me. I arrived at my room. I was approached by another warframe.

???: so you're that new guy here, right

Y/n: hmm?
Loki: my name is Loki, the trickster warframe.

Suddenly Loki was grabbed by a bulkier warframe.

???: you'll annoy just about anyone, won't you Loki?Loki: what gives, Rhino? I was just greeting the new recruit

Loki: what gives, Rhino? I was just greeting the new recruit.
Rhino: don't act dumb. The next thing you know, you're annoying the crap out of the kid.
Loki: hey man! I was trying to be a nice guy for once!
Rhino: yeah, right.
Loki: come at me, big boy!
Y/n: (in head) i should leave them be...

I let the two fight each other and walk into my room. I lay down on my bed and think to myself

Y/n: (in head) things are gonna get crazy with my stay.

And indeed they were going to get insane...