Chapter 5

I change out of my dress and take a quick shower not feeling hungry enough to eat. my mom comes in and ask me what's wrong I tell her everything about Jay and hyunjin. she sighs and ruffles my hair, "they both seem to have some kind of feelings for you but it's your choice on who you pick and don't ever feel bad for not picking the other one or not picking any one of them at all.

When she leaves I lay down looking at the ceiling thinking. I could never see myself with Jay but could I really see myself with hyunjin. I decide to FaceTime mila she's at home with a face mask on I tell her everything jay said. she doesn't say anything really but one thing catches me off guard. "you should give it a try with him you guys are cute even if you guys don't talk"

The next day when I get to class hyunjins not there. my heart starts racing for some reason I don't sit at the seat I normally sit at that's next to him. I sit in the seat I sat in on my first day. I straighten up when I see footsteps is it hyunjin? But in comes the teacher meaning students will come in next. before the bell rings everyone is in their seat I guess hyunjins not coming.

Did I hurt his feelings? I couldn't have he doesn't like me? Does he? Maybe I'm just exaggerating a voice comes over the intercom requesting all the teachers for a brief meeting. when the teacher leaves a girl sits by me and says hey. I smile and say hey back she looks at the door and quickly goes back to her seat.

In comes hyunjin with a big bear with balloons attached. he comes over to me and sits by me placing the bear on top of my books, then he pulls out a box and opens it and it's a diamond necklace with the name hyunjin. I look up at him he smiles awkwardly hoping I don't reject him.

I look over his shoulder and see everyone looking at us. I look back at him smiling he takes it out the box, I turn around and he puts it around my neck. I turn around and look at the teddy bear grabbing it looking at it. I hear him laugh a little, I look at him my eyes widening when I see his smile.

 I hear him laugh a little, I look at him my eyes widening when I see his smile

When class is over everyone leaves the class but me and hyunjin. he tells me to stay behind I slowly pack up my stuff he doesn't even touch his stuff "I told you not to talk to him he's bad news" I stop and look at him.

"It's funny you say that because he said the exact same thing about you and why is everyone so scared of you should I be scared to wh-", before I can even finish the sentence he cuts me off saying no

"Don't be scared of me" I look around nervously still all new to this whole him talking to Me. I ask him what he's trying to prove but he just sadly shakes his head.

"I'm not tryna prove anything unless you count the part where I try to prove that your the one for me"