8

"What is today wear your flannel to school day? You all look like hairless, scrawny lumberjacks." Rita said as Scott, Jude, and Stiles approached them.

"We are not scrawny." Jude said, pointing at Scott and at himself. Rita rolled her eyes and closed her locker.

"For lumberjacks you are. So what's the deal today? What's your excuse for Jude not coming home tonight?" Rita said, knowing the drill. Jude gave her his car keys and gave her a coy smile.

"I'll call them and let you know the excuse. Don't worry you won't get your makeup taken away again." Jude said.

"Good because even mom said I looked like a rat." Rita said making Jude laugh loudly. Rita scrunched up her face in disgust.

"You're so annoying and obnoxious. I can't believe you're related to me." Rita grumbled. Jude hugged her, tightly and kissed her forehead.

"Wait, aren't you getting your stitches out today?" Stiles asked, remembering her mentioning it.

"Yeah. Is it dangerous to go the hospital or something?" Rita asked.

"Yeah, but you're not a healer so you can't be a target." Jude said, then looked at this friends for assurance.

"Danny wasn't a target either but he still was harmed." Stiles said. Rita stopped walking and looked at the three boys.

"Actually, I think I'm going to reschedule my appointment to when you can be there or something- I don't feel like dying yet, y'know." Rita said, getting frightened. Scott grabbed her hand to make her relax but it made her heart rate increase. She pulled away, looking down

"I'll go with you, if that'll make you feel better. You've been so excited to get your stitches off so why put it off." Scott said.

"But you guys are busy." Rita said.

"We have to go to the hospital either way. It's fine." Scott said. Rita nodded and smiled at him.

-
"You have scars now." Scott said. Rita smiled at her healed hand, moving it around happily.

"It looks cool, don't you think?" Rita asked. Scott laughed at her happiness and nodded.

"Looks like I got into a bad fight or something." Rita laughed, punching the air.

"Alright, Tyson. Let me get you to your car." Scott laughed. They started walking out but were stopped by a nurse.

"Scott? What are you doing here?" The nurse asked.

"I brought Ri- Jude's sister, she got her stitches removed. You know the hospital isn't the safest place right now." Scott said, stumbling over his words. Rita giggled at how nervous he became around the nurse.

"Oh, you're Rita! I'm Melissa, Scott's mom." Melissa said. Rita's eyes widened and it was her turn to be nervous.

"I-It's nice to meet you. You're very pretty, Scott looks a lot like you." Rita rambled. Melissa noticed how nervous the two teens became and how much space they made between them in the span of two minutes.

"Are you calling Scott pretty, too?" Melissa asked. The two teens blushed and Rita shook her head.

"No! I mean he's really good looking but I'm saying- I'm just saying that you're really pretty." Rita said. Melissa grinned at her son who was flushed and flustered.

"I'll get going now. Thanks for staying with me Scott." Rita said and rushed off. Scott watched her rush off, hearing her mumble under her breath about how embarrassing she was.

"Is she a wolf too?" Melissa asked.

"No, Rita's human. She knows what we are but she's not involved with any of this." Scott said.