14

"Rita, talk to me." Jude said. Rita ignored him and went to her locker. She was mad that he left her alone when there was a mass murderer loose and maybe something else.

"What's stuck up your ass?" Aiden asked Rita, while leaning on the locker next to her. Rita rolled her eyes and slammed her locker shut.

"Why are you even talking to me?"

"A friend of Scott's is a friend of ours." Ethan said, on the other side of her.

"You're talking to the wrong twin then. Scott and I aren't friends. He's just nice." Rita said, and walked quickly to get them off her trail. The twins glanced at Scott who had heard what she said.

"She's more bitter than Allison. Didn't know you liked bitter girls." Aiden said. Scott scoffed and pushed passed them to catch up to Rita.

"What's wrong?" Scott asked, finally catching up. Rita glanced at him but didn't respond. Scott grabbed her arm but she pulled away quickly.

"The pack's hero complex is taking my brother away from me that's what's wrong. I need him too. He's my fucking best friend." Rita snapped. Jude heard her and came to her, Stiles following. Rita looked at the three boys and walked away to the girl's room so that they wouldn't follow her.

-

"Happy Halloween, bitch!" Eleanor said, pulling up to the school. Rita couldn't help but laugh at the sight of Martha in a sexy nurse costume.

"You guys look dumb as hell." Rita said, running to the car.

"We've got your costume, guess what it is." Julia said, holding up the bag.

"Before I guess, on a scale of one to ten how trashy is it?" Rita asked.

"Trashy as in the quality or as in is it revealing as fuck?" Michelle asked.

"As in revealing as fuck." Rita clarified.

"A one. We know how your parents are." Julia said, pulling the costume out.

"I'm a werewolf?" Rita asked, Michelle got of the car and shook a little to reveal her tail.

"Just like me." Michelle smiled. Rita laughed and pushed Michelle back into the car.

"Put that thing away, you're an embarrassment." Rita whispered.

"Are these your friends?" Isaac asked, Allison next to him. Rita turned to look at him and nodded.

"Who's that? She's hot." Michelle whispered. Isaac glared at her and she rolled her eyes.

"We've got to go. We've got a night of fun planned ahead." Julia said, checking the time.

"You heard the girl. Bye guys." Rita said, giving them quick hugs and jumping into mini van.

"Got the club going up on a Tuesday!" The girls sang as Rita slipped on the wolf onesie. She put the hood of the onesie on and started dancing.

"Always workin' OT, overtime and outta town!" She said, still dancing. The girl laughed at her antics and she sat back down.

"Did you talk to Jude?" Michelle asked, fixing her paws.

"No." Rita said, becoming slightly bitter again.

"Call him." Julia said.

"I don't think I should. He's probably getting ready for a party a kid from school is throwing." Rita said. The girls let it go and pulled up to the dollar store. Michelle grabbed a basket and they got a bunch of candy, soda, and chips just for tonight. It was tradition to do this ever since they were young just that now, instead of trick or treating they bought their candy to pig out while watching horror movies. They went back to the car and drove to Penny's house.

"So, we've got Halloween one and two, the Shining, Saw, and Insidious." Penny said, pulling out her dvds.

"Sounds like a great line up." Martha smiled. Penny slid Halloween into the DVD player and they began to pig out. Rita began eating but started feeling nauseous. She ignored it and continued eating her worries away.

"Slow down, dude." Eleanor laughed. Rita nodded but felt like she was going to throw up at any minute. She ran to the bathroom and hovered over the toilet, letting the vomit spew out. The girls surrounded the bathroom and Penny gave her some tissue to wipe her mouth.

"You don't look too hot, Ri. Maybe you should go home." Penny said, feeling Rita's hot forehead. Rita nodded and got her phone. She remembered her parents were still at the convention and she pressed Jude's number.

"Hello?"

"Jude, I know you're at a party and I haven't been the best person, but can you come pick me up at Penny's house? I'm sick." Rita asked.

"Rita, this is Scott. But I'll come get you. Your brother is, um, busy." Scott said. Rita looked at her phone and realized she pressed Scott's contact instead somehow. She didn't really care much, she just wanted to go home.'

"Okay. I'll send you the address." She said, hearing the music in the background.

"I'll see you soon." Scott said and hung up. She felt like she was going to vomit again so she rushed to the bathroom, pushing the girls out of the way.

"Is Jude coming to get you?" Julia asked as Rita wiped her mouth again.

"Scott is. Jude's busy at the party." Rita said, laying her head on her arm. Rita threw up a couple times before Scott finally got to Penny's house and rang the doorbell.

"It's about time." Michelle grumbled as she opened the door. Scott followed Michelle to the bathroom and knelt down next to Rita.

"Hey. I'm here. I'm sorry I'm late." Scott whispered, brushing Rita's hair out of her face. He helped her up and looked at the girls.

"I'll get her home safe." Scott reassured the five girls. They nodded and watched Scott help Rita out and into Jude's car. He knew it wouldn't be a good idea to make Rita get on his bike so he stole Jude's keys.

"Why do you have Jude's car?" Rita croaked out.

"I didn't want to pick you up in my bike." Scott shrugged as he started the car.

"You're too nice." Rita whispered, laying her head back.

"Can you take me to the doctors. I don't think I can be home alone like this." Rita asked. Scott nodded and glanced at her, worriedly. He took her warm hand and squeezed it.

"Don't worry. I always get sick." Rita said, squeezing his hand back. It went silent, but it wasn't uncomfortable.

"How was the party? It sounded like one hell of a rave." Rita laughed. Scott laughed and looked at her since they were at a red light.

"It was alright. I like your costume, by the way." Scott said. Rita remembered she had a wolf costume and laughed.

"Does it make me attractive?" Rita asked, putting her leg up on the dashboard and sliding her paw up her leg.

"You better stop. I don't know if I'll be able to control myself." Scott joked along. They got to the hospital and she rushed to the trash can in front of the entrance to vomit. Melissa saw her son and Rita and rushed to them.

"You're burning up." Melissa said and took her to a room immediately. They ran some tests and it came out as food poisoning from the Chinese food she had eaten the night prior and earlier in the day.

"I've got to go but I'll come back with Jude." Scott said as they hooked her up to an IV. Rita nodded and smiled at him.

"Thank you." She said. Scott gave her a nod and kissed her forehead before rushing out.