A Humble Husband

A Humble Husband
               Perspective: Melissa Afton [ Wife of William and Mother ]

I waved goodbye to William as he raced out the door to work. I took notice of his office, it had rather...interesting features. There were papers spread all over the room, it was of blueprints and work papers on robots. Robots made by Afton Robotics which the company is own by William of course. I few papers standed out to me, it was of two specific robots. A yellow bear with a purple top hat and bow-tie, like the one that Chris has. The second robot was of a yellow rabbit with a purple bow-tie. Both were classified as 'Spring-lock Animatronics' with an arrow pointing towards several different areas of the robots. I read through the thousands of pages for a couple minutes until... 'Knock Knock'  a slight knock on the door quickly brought me back to existence. I small brown headed boy peeked from behind the door, he had the most innocent eyes in the world, Chris looked up at me with great silence. "Oh, Good morning sweetheart," I said nicely turning around to Chris, He slowly slumped into the room tightly holding a plush of the yellow bear from the blueprints.
"Why are you in daddy's office?" He asked quietly.
"Well..daddy just left for work and I'm just looking at all of his paperwork" I said bending down towards Chris. The other siblings walked past like zombies rubbing their eyes and yawning,
"Mum, can you make breakfast?" Said Elizabeth, An orange haired girl who had ice cream PJs on.
"Why don't you kids go sit down on the couch and I'll get you all some cereal for breakfast okay?" I said escorting them to the living room.
"I don't want cereal!" Shouted Michael. "I'd rather have pizza."
"Well you can't have pizza Michael!" I raised my voice towards him.
"Well then I'm not having anything!" Michael yelled while running up the stairs retreating to his room to slam his door in frustration. I sighed in confusion and sadness,
"Why is he always like this? I just wish he could be like his father." I said taking a seat at the dining table having my hand on my forehead. Elizabeth and Chris watched me from a short distance away. After a few moments...

"Now why don't we start breakfast?" I said pushing all my emotions to the side. I walked to the kitchen bench and opened the cabinet door and pulled down a box of cereal and two bowls out at the same time. I reached to open the fridge door and grabbed the milk, I walked back to the station where I had the bowls and cereal box. I opened the box and the cereal filled the bowl in seconds, I poured the milk in the two bowls and slowly pushed them towards Chris and Elizabeth who where sitting quietly, I watched them eat for a few moments until they'd notice and I would look away. I looked out the window and just sat there staring outside,
"We're done" said Elizabeth pushing her bowl at the same time with Chris, I looked and picked up the bowls and turned to put them in the sink, I turned the tap on and grabbed the scrubbing brush and started cleaning the bowls. All my thoughts from before started towering over me again and I started to cry uncontrollably, Elizabeth and Chris stared at me from behind my back and just watched and even if they could do something to help me it wouldn't have worked.

"W-why d-don't you two g-go get ready for s-school" I stuttered, whipping my tears away. They both walked upstairs into their rooms to get ready and I was left alone downstairs, I walked towards the stairs and before taking a step upstairs I saw the family photo. With Chris at the bottom left and Elizabeth next to him on the right with me above her, Michael on the left with William in the middle next to me. I picked it up and stared at it for a while before going upstairs. I walked to my room and got dressed, Elizabeth and Chris were ready to go to school "Michael!" I knocked on his door, "It's time to go to school!"
"Ugh!" Michael pushed his door into me and walked downstairs without saying anything.
"Hey! Michael stop right there I need to talk to you" I said raising my voice.
"Uh, what I do now?" Michael said looking at me with his hands in his pockets.
"Michael I don't know why you're acting this way, but you can't just yell at your mother and bash your door into her. Now what do you have to say? Hmm" I said sternly.
"I dunno, what do I have to say?" Michael said shrugging his shoulders and turning around towards the front door.
"MICHAEL AFTON!! Turn around and look your mother in the eyes! Right now" I shouted.
"Ugh...fine" Michael turned slowly. I looked at him with a meaningful look on my face.
"-gulp- S-sorry mum..." he gulped looking at the ground.
"Now come on let's go in the car to school!" I said with a wide smile on my face, the three children followed me outside and they wondered over to the car while I was locking the front door. I got in the car I started the engine and drove out of the driveway and went off to school.