#10 | Not Forgotten ❀ Arthur Morgan [request]

❀ ❀ ❀

Requester: officialAPHRODITE

Title: "Not Forgotten"

Pairing: Arthur Morgan x Female Reader

Warnings: foul language

Note: I'm not 100% happy with how this one has turned out, but I'm hoping it still is somewhat good. I haven't had any inspiration lately, and it's so frustrating when inspiration runs out like that. I've tried to write this and another request all week, but the words just wouldn't come out the way I wanted, and it all just seemed so senseless. I rewrote this request so many times, I lost count. :( Hopefully, this version is good enough! 

⚠️BEWARE OF SPOILERS⚠️

❀ ❀ ❀

Arthur Morgan had been running errands all day, although that wasn't anything new for the outlaw

Arthur Morgan had been running errands all day, although that wasn't anything new for the outlaw. After finally ridding himself of all the jobs pending on his to-do list, he stayed where his last job had brought him to; Saint Denis.

Night had fallen quickly, shortly after he arrived. By the time the moon rose, it felt as though Saint Denis had transformed completely, looked like a dead city. Nobody but Arthur himself stood in the avenue, solely accompanied by his steed as she huffed and stomped on the concrete with her hooves.

Arthur had to admit it; Saint Denis at night looked murky, and mysterious, and not at all inviting.

As he advanced through the avenue, he quickly took notice of where most of Saint Denis' citizens had gone to; judging by the muffled hollers and happy chatter that managed to slip through the saloon's closed doors, it was easy for Arthur to guess that Bastille Saloon was brimming with life—unlike the rest of the city.

He approached the locale, noticing a few other horses hitched nearby. Swiftly hitching his own steed by the others, he then proceeded to enter the saloon.

Much more inviting than the fuscous, mysterious deserted streets outside, Bastille Saloon was filled to the brim with people, yet the outlaw didn't mind the crammed place. Notwithstanding the large crowd, there still was enough space to walk around, and he easily made his way to the bar. Luckily for him, a free spot seemed to be waiting for him right by the window, where he gladly took a seat, and gestured at the bartender with a subtle wave of his hand.

Shortly after, a shot of whisky was quickly placed on the counter before him. Arthur gulped it down in one go, grimacing as the liquor burned its way down his throat. It felt refreshing in a way, which he quite enjoyed.

Once the burning sensation began to fade away, Arthur took the chance to glance around the saloon, and analyzed the people moseying around. There were multiple groups of men playing poker, all wearing smug smirks on their faces as they raised their bets. Quite a few women stood among the crowd, most of them were prostitutes trying their luck with possibly the wealthiest men there present. And there were, of course, two or three drunkards already lying in different corners of the saloon, completely oblivious to their surroundings thanks to their alcohol-induced stupor.