Ryouga/Nasch x Reader

No...it couldn't be. Surely, this was some joke he was playing on you. It had to be. There was no way on this planet, that Ryouga Kamishiro- one of your closest friends and allies, as well as your love interest- was actually the leader of your sworn enemies, the Barians.
"(Y/N)?" Ryouga's voice cut through your thoughts. You look at him, not quite sure what you can say or do. If you stay, will he force you to duel and hand over your own Number?
"I-" You struggle for words as the purple haired boy steps towards you.
"Look, this wasn't an easy choice for me, but I had to do what is right. This day has been in the making for a very long time. If I could tell you about my past as Nasch, I would, but time is wearing thin, so I have no such luxury. My present life as a reborn Nasch is all that matters now. If you only knew everything, you'd understand, I promise. I've not chosen this path to hurt anyone, I've chosen this path to save my people." Ryouga's voice is calm, but he sounds kind of hurt.
"Ryouga..."
"I can't answer to Ryouga. He is dead. He was an unfortunate child, my own descendant, whose body Abyss used as my vessel, until I could return to my throne. It makes sense, how the Kamishiro's family crest was my own former kingdom's crest."
"So come on then, where do I fit into this? You're an Emperor now, what could you possibly need me for? Apart from my Number card." Your confidence shook even yourself as you gripped your deck box. Ryouga may have meant a lot to you, but Nasch was different from the dark blue eyed boy you once knew. You wanted to save Ryouga from this fate, but didn't know how. One thing was for sure and that was losing Number 21: Frozen Lady Justice was not an option.
"You fit into this, because you mean a lot to myself and Merag."
"So did Yuma." You spit as Nasch sighs, taking another step forward as you take one back.
"(Y/N), one day, you will see that this is the best way, I promise." Nasch holds his hands out. You sigh, and a single tear rolls down your cheek.
"But, Nasch-" The purple haired boy's eyes widen. You called him by his real name. The fact shocked you as well and you put a hand to your mouth.
"Show me your Battlemorph." You said, feeling unsure. The Barian King looked hesistant, but obliged nonetheless. In his Barian form, he has a purple skin tone and red and blue heterochromatic eyes with blue markings on his face, that almost make it look like he is crying. He wears a crimson cape and copper-coloured guards on the wrists, shoulders, and his legs are tipped with red stones and also wears a 'H' shaped belt. The Barian Emblem pendant becomes larger and is engraved onto his chest. His hair gains more volume and he also wears a copper-coloured crown piece with a red jewel on his forehead.
"This is my destiny, (Y/N). I'm the only one who can stop all of this." He tells, only for you to reply with,
"Turn back." Nasch grants you that.
"I don't know much about your past, but I know that you've always been a good person who has good intentions. I know that you're doin' what you think is right, and what you think will do good in the end, but I also know that deep down inside of you, Ryouga Kamishiro is still alive. You may think that you have buried the last of your humanity by killing IV, but as long as I am here, I will not let you forget the life that you once led. I won't let you forget any of it, especially not me, you hear me? I see that you're Nasch, but to me, you're the same callous boy I always knew." You say, and for once, the Barian Leader seems speechless.
"I'll take your silence as a yes. I always said that I would stand by you and Rio, but, now...I can't say if my loyalties stretch that far." You tell, looking at the ground.
"You don't have to stand by myself and Merag. I don't think what I'm doing will do good in the end, because I'm going to Hell after this war, which means Kamishiro Ryouga is too, so then you have no argument left, (Y/N). I haven't buried the last of my humanity, I know that. Why do you think I have you here?" Nasch asks, as you raise a brow.
"What do you mean?"
"I have you here because I'm trying to bury that humanity, that burden. I'm not about to kill you. I'm about to do the one thing that I could never do as Ryouga, because fear stopped me, but now I don't have room for fear. One of us will be lost in this war, so I only have now." Nasch's tone makes you flinch. 'What on earth is he on about?' You're about to voice your thoughts out loud when the Barian King puts a hand- a surprisingly tentative hand- on your cheek and places his lips on yours. He pulls away within seconds, giving you no time for a reaction, just complete surprise.
"I loved you, when I was human, and some part of me- most likely the part you suspect to be Ryouga- still does, I believe. But these emotions, I'm not quite sure what to do with them." Nasch says, looking particularly awkward.
"I can't promise to stay by yours and Merag's sides, but I can promise that I'll be here when this war is over." You smile at the purple haired boy and place a small, gentle kiss upon his lips.
"I swear." You couldn't believe this. Nasch had sacrificed himself, all he had worked for so that Yuma could win. But, why? The augmented reality around you fades, and you run before anyone.
"Nasch!" You yell.
"Shark...! Shark...!" Yuma cries, beginning to run. Nasch looks up at the sky with an expression of regretful disbelief. He throws his hand over in an attempt to get himself up.
"Shark!" Yuma stops running alongside you. You hold your hands to your mouth, trying to hold in tears.
"I just knew it...That you would use Double-Up Chance, I mean. Jeez. But that you ninny wouldn't let your attack go through...Really, I didn't expect that. But Yuma, Astral...Your words had left a mark in me." Nasch turns around, looking a grateful kind of tearful. You smile, noticing the gorgeous smile that you haven't seen in so long. Ryouga's smile.
"Shark..." Yuma mutters.
"Don't tell me, then from the beginning you were...?" Astral asks.
"Don't be foolish. I was completely serious. But I have no regrets. Yuma...when they grow up, people often throw away what's most important to them. But, you should never sacrifice that. The power to believe in people, the heart that never gives up......never sacrifice them." Behind Nasch, the sky turns into space. No.
"Sha-Shark!" Yuma cries.
"Nasch!" You hold your hand out and he offers you a smile.
"I would also have liked to see your future alongside you, but......it seems like I can't." Nasch is glowing with a magenta aura now, and his Numbers are being absorbed by Astral. Yuma and Tori look on in shock whilst you let your tears fall free, pouring uncontrollably. He couldn't leave you...
"Agh...oy!" Yuma shouts.
"Kotori. Don't take your eyes off that idiot." Tori is now holding a hand near the bottom of her neck; even she is saddened by this.
"I told you that one of us wouldn't survive this war, (Y/N). I knew it would be me. Fate is cruel and ironic that way. But, please, live your future the best you can. Remember that...I always loved you, no matter what." Nasch admits and you sob.
"I always loved you too, Nasch." You whisper, but it is audible enough for the four people around you to hear. Nasch grants you one last smile, before his attention turns back to his former foes.
"Thank you, Yuma. Astral. My best friends." The purple haired boy is being dragged into a shining blue light, and your throat burns. You want to hold your hands out, to drag him back, to live his life with you, but like he had said, fate is cruel.
"That final duel with you guys was the best we ever had."
"Shaaark!" Yuma holds his hand out, holding onto the illusion that action will somehow bring his best friend back.
"Later...!" Nasch calls, a reference to his usual dismissal when he was Ryouga. So Ryouga was still alive in him, after all. The blue light absorbs him and you hold your head down, as an attempt to shield your eyes from the light. You suddenly felt extremely empty.
Yourself, Yuma and Tori appear in a wartorn part of Heartland City, with the merged worlds disappearing. You collapse to the floor in heartbreak. Everything was gone. Hope, Nasch...your smile. Whilst Nasch was alive, you could smile, no matter what form he was in. Now that he was gone, what could you do? Who had ever known that one person, so stubborn and gruff, yet so humble, could leave such a mark in your life that you were lost without them?

Who knew that love fell so deep? A/N: If you have any requests comment down below and I'll try to write them as soon as I can!