『03』a.k.a. Yankee

a.k.a. Yankee

Dedicated to Dark_Forest__ for being a follower!

Edited

The last bell of the day rang and I was free at last. It was a Friday afternoon and I could do whatever I wanted, so why did I find myself so eagerly shuffling to the Third Music Room? Yesterday afternoon felt like a dream, I guess I just wanted to take a quick peek and see if it wasn't really my imagination.

When I got to the door, I almost thought about walking away, but I figured since I had gotten this far, why turn back now? Taking a deep breath, I pushed open the door, and to my disbelief... there they were.

The Ouran High School Host Club.

Dresses in waiter costumes, they all stood elegantly around King Blondie, who was perched upon a throne. Seriously, what's with the perfectly placed swirling roses that smacked me in the face when I came in here?! I could still escape!

"Welcome!" They all said.

Too late to escape now...

"She's back!" Honey cheered happily and ran up to greet me with his hug that I assumed would be routine.

"Hey Honey." I felt a bit weird calling a boy I hardly knew Honey. 

"Glad to see you came back." Haruhi said coming up to me.

"Is it sad that I have nothing better to do on a Friday afternoon?" I asked her, and she just laughed.

"Have you decided on a host yet?" Honey asked eagerly. "You can have all the sweets you want if you pick me! You are going to join, right?"

He spoke so fast it took me a moment to filter it through my mind. "Um..." My eyes wandered over to the nearest window, and slowly scanned the room. My eyes met the twins for a split second and then quickly darted to Honey again. I was praying they didn't notice. "Well, actually..." I had to pick Haruhi, if it meant helping her, that was what mattered to me. The twins were just a guilty pleasure, besides, like they'd actually want me around. "I actually wanted to choose Haruhi."

Haruhi looked surprised by my choice, while Honey just smiled and put his hands together. "Haru-chan is a nice choice. He's very nice." He rocked back and forth on the heels of his shoes.

When I looked up again, all the other hosts had gone to their specific stations and started entertaining their guests. "Well, better have some cake!" said the bubbly little boy Lolita as he scurried away.

I then looked at Haruhi and nodded, as if to ask her to please proceed to lead me where ever she was stationed. She took the hint and took me to her table. The girls all glared at me when I sat down beside her. They looked me up and down and I swear I heard one of them growl. These fan girls were vicious.

"How weird, why is she wearing the boys' uniform?" I heard one whisper to the other.

I guess I forgot to mention it, but I did decide to wear the uniform for a change, just not the girls'. I was actually quite content with it, but I kept getting strange looks all day. The kids in class were calling me a cross-dresser Yankee.

The more the tension rose in the air, the more nervous I got. I decided to take off the blazer and loosen my tie. I heard a girl giggle. I sat back in my chair and stared up at the ceiling wishing they'd stop being so snobby to me. I didn't do anything wrong.

"What kind of posture is that?" whispered another girl.

"You know what?" I said glaring at her. "As if that dress didn't already bring out your inner ugliness, you jealousy isn't much to be desired either." I ran my fingers through my hair. "It makes sense now, because I'm the new kid getting all the attention from these guys and you're all jealous. Just admit it."