{15}

Its been about a week since the first day of school.  Simon and I have the majority of the same classes again.  I also have more classes than last year with Niki and Jake.  Only, like, one of two.  better than what we had last year, I guess.

Simon and I are closer than ever.  We joke around a lot more too.  Im The thing is though, Niki is across the room.  She doesn't realize it, but I see her staring at me.  She would look for, like, ten seconds, then when I look in her general direction she looks away. Should I tell her I see her? Maybe not...  

"Hello?  Earth to Andi!"  I snap out of my daze to see Simon waving a hand in my face.  

"Hm...?  What did you say?"  I rub my face.

"I said, 'Yes, because the troops that invaded didn't have the necessary supplies to-" I cut him off.

"Exactly why did you say this."

"Because it's the answer to question six on the review? What's up with you? You seem extra out of it today." He giggled.

"I haven't slept in two days." I say not able to lie. Too much energy.

"Stupid, you need sleep-"

"No! Sleep is for the weak!" I manage to aggressively and stupidly spit out.  

"Whatever you say, Boss.  How about you and your sleep deprived slurs come over this afternoon?  Maybe you could actually relax enough to fall asleep."

"Sounds good, I guess...Do I really have a choice?"

"Nope, I will drag you outta your house."

"Figures.  She's doing it again..."

"Niki?"

"Mm. She keeps staring at me but not saying a word.  Why can't she just talk to me like a normal human being.  This is why I hate the human race. So ignorant and indecisive."

"Um, hi. Currently apart of the human race."

"Can I ask you a question, Si."

"Um, that was random, okay?"

"Do you like me? Like, ya know, more than friends."  I manage to not stutter  or slur.

"Well, I'd be lying if I told you I didn't, that's for sure.  Um...Yes, yes I do.  Why do you ask?"

I smile.  How could I not? "Simon- Never mind..." I smirk at him.

"I take it back, I hate you..." He pouts.  He hates when I tell him something but don't say the point.  His reactions are always kinda cute though.

"Whatever..." 

The bell rings.  It's lunch.  Finally.  Simon and I usual sit together in the place we first met, but I had to bail.  I need to figure out what's going on with Niki.  He always understand when I have shit like this going on in my life.  

I scope out the cafeteria for Niki.  She's sitting at a corner table alone.  Jake is still in the lunch line.  I walk up behind her and sit down. She says nothing, just stares.  Not at me, at a nearby window.  Jake pulls up next to me.  

"Hey, dork.  Where have you been?"

"Hangin'.  Doing...Stuff..."

"Is that a code word for jacking off to Betty White?"  He laughs.

"Ew, dude!  What the hell!  Niki is right here."

She tries to keep a straight face but can't help but giggle. "You guys are dumb..."

"Good to see you back to normal, Nini..." I smile.

"Was she ever not normal?" Jay asked confused.

"There's a lot about this summer you missed, Jay-Jay."  Niki smirks at me.

I kinda feel a little awkward now...