6. Seek for Truth

ANDRE's POV

"Akala ko hindi ka na pupunta." sabi ni tita Grace pagkaupo ko sa harapan niya 

I decided to meet up with her to cut ties with her, and for her not to worry about the secret we both have. It will always be a secret, because it's not important anymore. Lou and I are already over. 

"Nagpunta ako dito hindi para tanggapin ang kahit na anong hihilingin mo sa'kin." sabi ko agad sa kanya, "I came here to cut ties with you." 

She frowned, "What do you mean?"

"I don't want to talk about our agreement before, that's already part of our past." I said and I took a deep breath, "Don't worry, mananatili na 'yun na sikreto dahil hindi na mahalaga 'yun." 

I am surprise that before she say something, she held my hand. 

"Andre, I'm sorry." she said with a guilty look, "I know that you loved Lou before, and I'm the reason why the two of you didn't end up together, I am the only person to blame." 

I nodded, "You're right, you're absolutely right." and I smirked, "Ikaw lang ang dapat sisihin dito tita Grace, kinonsensya mo ko 'nung araw na 'yun. You made me feel guilty that day."  and I sighed, "I could still remember how you made me feel the guilt that day. You told me that I should set her free, in order for her family to be whole again and complete. Ako naman 'tong si tanga nagpadala, but I realized that that's how much I loved Lou." 

"Alam kong mahal na mahal mo si Lou." sagot niya agad sa'kin

I cut her off, "Sobra." sabi ko sa kanya, "But I want to be selfish that day, I want to keep her with me. I want her to stay because I loved her that much." and I shook my head, "But I can't, because I loved her too much." 

She nodded, "Naging masaya din naman kayo diba? Sa mga kanya-kanya niyong buhay?" 

Natawa ako sa sinabi niya.

"Are you trying to convince me? Are you trying to convince me that I had a good life after Lou and I separated? Are you trying to convince me that Lou had a perfect life after I hurt her?" I asked her sarcastically, "You have no idea how painful it is for me to set her free. You have no idea how hurtful it is for me to lose her. And you have no idea how many hatred I received from the people around me."

Nanatili siyang tahimik at nakatingin lang sa'kin.

"Do you even know what I've been through just to help you with that favor? Do you even know what I sacrificed just to help you?" tanong ko sa kanya. I shook my head, "Hindi." nararamdaman ko na unti-unti 'nang namumuo ang mga luha sa mga mata ko pero pinigilan ko, "Alam mo ba kung sino-sino ang mga nawalan ng tiwala sa'kin? Even my sister, my one and only sister stopped believing in me, stopped trusting me. Ayoko 'nang mawalan ng mahal sa buhay, kaya para maiwasan ko'ng mangyari 'yun, I'm gonna cut ties with those people who put me in this situation. And that's you." 

And I gave her the letter that I made four years ago for Lou. That letter contains the truth, everything. It was also stated there the favor that her tita Grace asked me. 

"Ano 'to?" tanong niya sa'kin

"That's the letter I wrote for Lou four years ago." and I took a deep breath, "Laman ng sulat na 'yan ang lahat, ang katotohanan. Kung bakit ko siya iniwan, kung bakit ko siya sinaktan."

She frowned, "Why are you giving me this?" 

"Para kung sakaling dumating 'yung araw na nagdesisyon ka 'nang sabihin kay Lou ang totoo, maibibigay mo 'yan  sa kanya. Baka kasi wala na akong lakas ng loob para ibigay sa kanya 'yan mismo." and I smiled sarcastically, "'Yun ay kung aamin ka."