Chapter Three

"I'd say it's nice to visit with you Mr. Ashton. But you know that's not why you're here." Johnathan Beckett stated simply, pouring himself a shot of something alcoholic as he glanced to James. Then sat down.

"What've you done with him?" Growled Ashton. Eyes hard as he glared, fists clenched as he stood. Facing the other.

"You've been busy as of late I've heard." Beckett continued, purposely ignoring his question. "Indulging in business which does not concern you. You should be careful you know. One small mistake and a simple merchant man like you could loose everything"..

"Where, is he!?" James snapped again, fists pounding against the desk in anger.

Johnathan shook his head, clicking his tongue in disapproval as he took a drink. "You want him back so badly, you'll have to earn that right. " He then paused, getting close up to his face to whisper in his ear. "Find me that, 'Cargo'- or your son will become part of it."

"What Cargo!?" He spat, eyes hard as he did his best to keep his emotions under control.

"The one headed for Padres Del Fuego." Beckett hissed in a murmur. "Ah, so you do know it"... He muttered a moment later, seeing the look etched in the merchant's calm but steady face. That was outlined with anger.

"I already told you I had nothing to do involving that scheme. Nor the names and faces of those who are." Ashton replied simply.

"Do not lie to me Mr. Ashton." John warned, shaking his head. "Remember now, you need my help to claim back your son.

James growled lowly again, eyes still hard.

"I told you, I do not know."

"Then I cannot give you information concerning your son."

"Dad!" A voice shouted desperately.

"Jonas!" Arms were quickly wrapped around him . Clinging on tightly to his leg.

"You -... " James , you knew exactly where he was." Ashton spat, turning to go. This time with his son.

Two guards stopped him as he approached the door, surrounding them both. "Next time you won't be so lucky, Mr. Ashton." Beckett hissed, eyebrow raised as he gave a glare. "I'll be paying you a visit soon you won't forget."

James glared back, shoving his way in past the guards. "And if you dare to even try to hurt my family again," He stated firmly, turning just slightly to face him. "I'll make sure you pay."

Johnathan chuckled, shaking his head as he left.
"Oh, someone will pay alright," He replied to himself. "And it won't be me."