1. Night of the meeting

The night was getting darker as woman sporting low-waisted long dresses trotted back home holding their kids , as the men left home heading to the garrison pub to drink their stress away.

Candice had just arrived in Birmingham after leaving her ex Luca Changretta, a dangerous abusive man that you've grown quite sick of. He didn't like her job which included performing at night clubs and being drowned in money by customers after giving them special services, none of which were sex.

Most nights Luca would walk in and grab her by the arm cursing at you and threatening to kill her if you stepped foot in the club again and for that reason she had decided to start a new life somewhere far away from America.

"Next stop, small heath Birmingham"

Her head snapped up as she began collecting her luggage, one of which was stacked with money some of which was stolen from Luca. She justified her actions as money he owed her for keeping up with his bullshit for so long. She laughed at herself at the thought of it.

The train came to a halt as she left bombarded by a large male-dominated crowd. "Watch where you're going" she yelled at someone who almost pushed her to the ground but he walked right past ignoring her comment. She furiously glared at the others, pulling a gun from her pocket and firing it in the air causing people to move away from her area. She began rushing freely through before any coppers spotted her smiling to herself.

She could tell small heath was nothing like New York , the streets were dull and filled with chatter. She stood out with her attire which consisted of a very short dark blue dress ending at her upper hip with matching 4 inch heels. Her hair was long and dark unlike the bob haircuts she saw around her. Her dark brown eyes and olive complexion also contributed to her uniqueness which seemed to not bother her at all, in fact , it made her more confident she never liked fitting in.

She walked around trying to find somewhere to stay at and failed miserably.While passing by a flower shop admiring the white roses that were hanging above the door when she accidentally bumped into a girl

"Fuck, I'm sorry i didn't see you there"she mumbled to the girl who was staring at her up and down with a confused look.

"It's alright. You've dropped something" she said in a soft British accent as she bent down handing you over one of your hair pins that had somehow fallen.

"Thank you very much, Im Candice walters, do you know any hotels around here I'm looking for a place of permanent residency" Candice asked fixing her pin back into her thick hair

"Nice to meet you , Candice. Im Ada Shelby. Why would you stay in a hotel if you wanted permanent residency?Try going to that house there" the woman pointed towards a bright house with fairly large windows. " I heard the women rents apartments for pretty cheap actually" she smiled at her. Her short hair sculpting her face perfectly.

"Thank you very much Ada. See you around" and with that Candice strut to the house and knocked at the door.

A middle aged woman wearing a long sleeved black dress looked at her . Her eyes were dull despite being a pale shade of blue. "I hear you rent apartments" you said but before you could finish she opened the door wider and gestured for you to come in.

————————————————————————
(Im gonna star writing in 1st person)

You laid on your small bed staring at the ceiling. You settled for a two bedroom apartment as you were told there were no one bedroom apartments "families with kids usually rent these apartments so we only got big ones" in the words of Angie , your new landlord.

You've just finished enjoying a cup of tea with her but had to excuse yourself by saying you had work to do after hearing her endless rant about the war.

You looked at yourself in the mirror before re-applying a deep crimson color on your lips. You seemed pleased with how you looked as you smacked your lips and left your apartment locking it carefully before you.

"It's dark love , you might want to cover yourself if you don't want to get whistled at or even worse *barneymugging you in the nearest alleyway" You let out a laugh at Angie's comment.

"Trust me Angie, I fear no one but god , I can handle it" you smiled at her before leaving the house.

Men were stammering out of the pub clearly drunk, some would yell slurs at you and one even tried touching your backside before you kicked him off.

You walked in the bar feeling the many eyes that were staring at your body. "Hey pretty face, let me buy you a drink eh?" A man walked up to you placing his hand on your waist, you could the pungent smell of alcohol on him.

"Listen little boy , if you don't fuck off I'm gonna snap your neck in about 40 seconds and you're never going to see the light of day again" you whispered in his ear , he was still unimpressed with your threat as he pushed you against a wall. You kicked him in the groin releasing yourself from his grip and placed him in a head lock dragging him forcefully out of the pub and into a dark road.

The man was clawing at your arm weakly but he was too drunk to even stand still. "Any last words fucker?" You asked a hint of a smile on your lips.

"Let me go you fucking whore. I'll fuck-" he slurred out before he was cut off as you snapped his neck smiling at the sound of his bone crunching before dropping his lifeless body onto the ground.

"Impressive" you heard a voice say quickly making you search for its owner. A man with high cheekbones and a dark suit walked over, a cloud of smoke escaping out of his plump lips as he stared right into your dark eyes with his icy blue ones.

"It's not what it looks like" you quickly tried defending as you straightened your skirt.

" so you weren't snapping someone's neck in the dead of night, eh?" He asked inhaling another drag of smoke.

" n-no.. i mean yes but he was being-"

"What's that" he asked curiously but you were confused to what he was referring to he must've caught on because he continued "the accent?" He elaborated .

"It's American, I lived there until I ended up here" you muttered the ending as your eyes drifted around at the dull houses around you.

"You must not know who I am" he told her walking closer to her, his face glistening in the moonlight.

"Was I meant to know..?" You asked taking a step back , he smiled before looking at the ground.

" You'd be running for your life, love. The people here pay for me and my family to protect them and their streets. I'll let this pass only 'cause you're new. Next time around you might end up like 'im" " he said in a low tone touching the mans body with the tip of his shoe before adjusting his hat and walking off into the dark roads,

*barney mugging-to have sex

I decided to shift a lil and write peaky blinder fanfics cause I'm literally obsessed with them. Enjoy💘