Bullet

"I don't know how you'll take this, Firecracker." Reid said, standing in front of me with his arms folded.

Anxiety ran throughout my body in sparks, my breath spiked, causing him to shake his head at me.

"It's nothing.. too bad." He replied in an attempt to reassure me.

"Just... just say it."

Reid nodded and cleared his throat.

"Adam's in the chamber."

My eyes widened at his confession. I covered my mouth, watching his expression remain cold and firm.

Adam. My abusive ex, in Reid's torture chamber. If I've learned anything it's that if you went into that chamber, you weren't coming out, not alive at least.

"Reid, what-"

"Before you begin, I did not go out on my own will to do this- I'm actually handling it for someone else."

Someone else? The only 'someone else' Reid ever handles business for are other gangs- his allies.

What the fuck has Adam's dumb ass done now?

"Who did you take him from?" I asked with bile threatening to escape my throat.

"The Tortorelli's."

"Oh my fucking God." I sighed under my breath.

The Cobras and Tortorelli's have been allies for 5 years now, from what I've heard we've always been ahead of them in the top spot by an inch each year. What could Adam have possibly done to even be in business with them, better yet, have a bounty over his head?

"Wh-What did he do?"

"Murdered Dussel Tortorelli. The only Tortorelli son." Reid grabbed the obituary on his desk and gave it to me. A handsome tan man with a friendly smile painted the folded pamphlet. He looks familiar.

"You don't know anything of Adam's job?"

"I thought he was an accountant..."

"Not close, he was a spy for the Tortorelli's, turns out he was really a rat. I can't say I'm shocked about you not knowing of that, but I am surprised of you not knowing the murder- it's pinpointed at your old apartment."

I took another look at the obituary, examining the bright green eyes on the cover. I gasped to myself, remembering a few hazy events.

I crept out of the closet Adam forced me into. All of the screaming and banging worried me. I tiptoed into the living room to see Adam shoving a dead body into our carpet, struggling to roll it over. I screamed, causing him to jump.

"What did you do- what did you do!?" I repeated with tears streaming down my face in a frightened daze.

"Claire, stop that shit and move!" He yelled while shoving me onto the floor, away from the body.

"What have you done!? What have you done!?" I yelled while rocking back and forth on the floor, staring at the frozen eyes of the corpse.

"Claire get the fuck out of my way!" Adam demanded while laying a rough slap on my face.

"You will say nothing, go back in the room."

I sobbed, frozen in place, watching him harshly discard of the body. I swore to myself, I swore to make myself forget.

"You remember." Reid frowned, snapping me out of my daze.