Chapter 1

How to Love

Chapter 1

          He hitched her up, so her face was above his. Her eyes wandered down to his chin, out of habit. "Look at me," he said.

                Cath looked up. At Levi's pastel-colored face. Too lovely, too good.

                "I like you here," he said, squeezing her. "With me."

                She smiled, and her eyes started to drift downward.

                "Cather..."

                Back up to his eyes.

                "You know that I'm falling in love with you, right?"

                © Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl

I closed the book shut and sighed dreamily. Nandito ako ngayon sa isang public library sa may pinakadulong part dahil dito lang tahimik. Actually, hindi siya ganun katahimik dito. There was a couple here who has been making out for the last half hour or so. Ugh. These people.

Ano kayang feeling ng may kahalikan ka sa isang public library?

I shuddered at the thought of kissing someone publicly. Hell, I haven't even had my first kiss yet.

But some part of me—deep down inside—I somehow feel envious just by simply watching them kiss. I've never had a boyfriend. Well, I think it's still normal for a 15 year old girl like me. But still. Kinikilig lang ako sa mga movies at mga libro. Is it still normal?

I bowed my head on top of my crossed arms on the desk and closed my eyes.

Everyone else was busy getting boyfriends and being pretty... but there I was in a quiet library with a couple that has been kissing noisily.

How inexperienced am I when it comes to love: totally inexperienced. As in mang-mang when it comes to having boyfriends. I did have crushes before but... I don't know. I couldn't even get too close with them.

Ugh. I want a boyfriend.

Then I sat right back up from my seat and blinked a couple of times.

Gusto ko ba talaga ng boyfriend?

Yes. No. Maybe.

Pagbinigyan ni God sige go na lang?

I sighed and thought of something I never thought of before.

I grabbed my bag and walked towards a computer and turned it on. I opened a browser and typed in the search bar.

"How to Love?"

—-

Paano ba magmahal?

Yan yung nasa isip ko habang naglalakad pauwi ng bahay galing library. Have I already mentioned that it's still summer? Well, yeah. Wala kasi akong magawa sa bahay kaya naman naisipan kong pumunta ng library dahil sa sobrang inip. I printed the page I have found and it was inside my bag, protected from the eyes of people.