Chapter 9

"That idiotic brother of mine was stabbed for stealing someone else's girlfriend. I don't know if he's dead yet, but please help me go over and take a look at him."

The first thought that appeared in my mind was that she was joking. "What, what do you mean?"

"Lu Feng ah, my brother, fought with someone and was stabbed. He's lying in that small hotel beside the school. Because he's afraid of getting more demerits, he doesn't dare to go to the hospital nor go back to school. I have no time to bother myself with him, so help me out by paying him a visit. Oh right, don't ever let my father find out, or he'll chop that idiot's legs off, and..."

I asked Xiao Shan to help me take the afternoon off, and without having the time to explain, I took off hurriedly with my wallet.

Lu Feng and I used to frequent that hotel. When there was something to celebrate, for example, when I scored first on a single subject, his father would send him some money, and the two of us would go there to eat, one of us ordering wine to drink and the other juice as we sat there and chatted.

That was why we were close with the owner as well, so once he saw me, he nodded his head as a greeting. "Lu Feng's on the second floor, Room 3."

I calmed down slightly, thinking that Lu Feng's injury shouldn't be too bad. If he was bleeding profusely, the owner wouldn't be that cold-hearted to leave a body lying in the guestroom.

The door wasn't locked, just closed. My heart was pounding; I was afraid to see Lu Feng covered in blood lying on the bed without a hint of his usual spirit.

"...Lu Feng..." I pushed the door open and nervously called out in a small voice.

"Hmm?"

...That fellow who had been stabbed and should be bleeding and crying out as if he was on the verge of death was causally lying on the bed with his leg propped up while watching the television.

"......" I immediately became as quiet as a lamb, secretly wanting to stab him with a knife before leaving quietly.

"Xiao Chen?!" He was slightly taken aback by my appearance.

I got hot under the collar. "Your sister said that you were injured and asked me to come and take a look at you, but it seems that you're in the pink of health. Was that knife as thick as a needle?" How did I not think that the knife could be the small kind we used to sharpen our pencils? Damn it...

"Oh, the knife." Lu Feng smiled, and started gesturing. "It was a watermelon knife, around this long."

"Stop talking nonsense." I was getting agitated again.

Lu Feng blinked. "I'm not lying." He turned around and showed me his right arm. There was indeed a thick gauze on it with faint traces of blood. "It just didn't hit me in the chest. That damned fat ass tried to attack me from behind, but I had no time to avoid it, so I used my arm to block it instead."

I sighed in relief, albeit still a little worried. "I-Is the wound deep?"

"It's fine, my bones were unharmed." He took a look at his arm and then looked at my pale face before smiling. "Don't worry, it isn't serious. I'll be fine in a few days. I just can't go back to school for a while. I can only afford detention, not any more demerits. Father will kill me."

"As long as you're alright, then it's fine." I became uncomfortable again when he started staring at me. "Umm... your sister is pretty worried about you, so she asked me to pay you a visit... to see.. if you were.. alright."