Chapter 17:

UNEDITED.

Issac POV:
The sun was beaming through the curtains and I noticed that Ellie had gotten up already. And he side of the bed was all neat. I get up to go us the bathroom and change my clothes and I see a note on the mirror. "I'm at the diner. -Ellie."

I head downstairs and I see my mom sitting down at the table drink her tea looking at the newspapers. "Why is she sleeping with you in your room??" She asked me as I grabbed my coffee. "We're husband and wife, mom." I said sipping on my coffee. "What about Andrea??"
She said getting up. "I don't know."
I said walking out.

I just got home and was walking into the kitchen to see what was for dinner and I see Ellie in there cooking. "What are you cooking?" I said with a smile. "I'm cooking pork chops with steamed vegetables." She said with a smile. "Sounds yummy. I'm gonna go wash up then." I said. "Okay. It should be done soon." She answered.

Ellie POV:
"This is really good Ellie." Liam said covering his mouth. "Thank you." I said with a small smile. "Mom why aren't you eating? It's really good." Tristan said taking a big bite. "I don't want to get poisoned." She said looking away. " I quietly put down my fork, and said, " May I be excused?" "Yes." Mr Mills answers. I walked into the kitchen and I just start to break down into tears.

Issac POV:
"Mom, why would you say that??" I said after Ellie had walked back into the kitchen. "It's the truth. She could poison me or any of us." She said crossing her arms. "She would never do that." I said getting up to go after Ellie. I walk in there and she's on the ground crying. "Ellie?" I said walking towards her. "Ohh. I'm sorry." She said wiping her tears away. I just went up to her and hugged her. "I'm sorry about my mom. I know you would never do anything like that." I said. She just continued to cry.

Another short chapter. Please don't forget to vote and follow me. ❤️