Chapter 50 - Unexpected 🌼

"Hmm may be. Listen.", Darshan cupped her face and continued, "Read it I'll not stop you. But you're in this condition, read it carefully."

"Darshan!!", Neha stopped him.
"I'm pregnant. I'm not suffering from some cancer and all."

"Shut up Neha.", Darshan said in irritation.

"No, you are treating me like this na. And..", before she could finish Darshan grabbed her lips with his.

There was silence in the room because the most talkative person was stopped by her husband's sudden kiss.

After a moment he pulled back.
Their foreheads were still in touch.

"Remember one thing", Darshan said, "I love you."

Neha opened her eyes and smiled.

"Oh really I toh never knew this.", She said. Leaning a little bit more she placed a peck on his lips too.

"I love you too Mr. Husband.", She said making Darshan smile.
His phone rang again.

"Go, or it'll never stop ringing.", Neha pushed him by his shoulder.

Darshan walked to the next room.

"Hallo.", Neha could hear his voice. She sat on the bed again and started reading the last part of the diary.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
3rd May, 2023

I'm going back to Mumbai from Delhi today. After 6 months I'm going to meet them again. But why, why I'm so excited to meet Darshan more then Neha?
Yeh I know the reason. That feeling which I felt at their wedding day and when I caught them kissing the room, that same feeling I'm feeling right now again.

This is so new for me.
I hate this feeling. Because somewhere I know, it's wrong. But what is it actually?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The door bell rang. Neha stood up and started walking to the downstairs. The diary was still in her hand, she was still reading.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

But What is it actually? I never felt it before. Am I started envy my own best friend? May that's why when the abroad job offer came I became happy. May be because I don't want to see them in front of my eyes everyday that's why. But I never felt it before their marriage. Then suddenly want happened? I might be happy to see my best friend happy. I'm. But somewhere may be I'm not.
Is it that, what people call LOVE?
Am I in love with my best friend's husband???"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Neha read the last line. And slowly looked up from the diary. Her eyes fell on the door which one of the servant already opened.

Upasana was standing in front of her in a big smile on her face.
What was Neha's feelings?

She was shocked, surprised and as well as broken from inside. Her eyes were already became wet. She couldn't believe what she just read. ''She's my best friend, she don't hide anything from me.", Her own words rang into her ears.

As Upasana noticed that Neha was not smiling back, she's not happy to see her, her smile faded also. Then Upasana's eyes went to Neha's hand and she found that diary which she was searching from a long time. And at the end she thought, might be she left it in her house. But who knew that she left it here, in their house.

She was shocked to find the diary in that person's hand from whom she was hiding it, who was not supposed to get that, that person was only holding it in her hand. She slowly looked at Neha, then her eyes fell on Darshan who was standing just behind of Neha.

Wanna know what was written on the cover of the diary, 'UNEXPECTED'.

- END

And it's the end of 'UNEXPECTED'. I'm crying and smiling both right now. I'm happy that finally I completed this story but in the other side I'm sad because from tomorrow there will be no 'UNEXPECTED'. I'll miss it very badly. Tell me guys if you like it or its the most behuda story you read? 😂
Did I give a justice to the title - 'UNEXPECTED'? Tell me in the comments. ❤️