Chapter 1 (Unedited)

"How repulsive! Following me around like this all the time. I told you not to bother with me anymore! I can't stand the sight of you!" Dark eyes filled with disgust and hate looked at the wet haired male rubbing at his eyes. Droplets of orange juice dripping down his cheeks and off his chin like tears.

The angry looking boy roughly slams the now empty glass on the cafeteria table. The sound catching the attention of the remaining students who had not yet looked over at the teen yelling at the silent one. The glass an empty reminder of the juice that used to fill it, before he had tossed it at the boy who had been following him closely behind.

The sleepy looking boy lifts up the hood to his sweater over his head, pulling at the strings in till it scrunches up and covers his face completely.

"Now you can't see me," The sleepy looking boy stated in a plain tone, as if unaffected by the angry boys words and actions. "...I know you don't really want me to go, and I promised to always be by your side. If my face makes you uncomfortable I can always cover it."

"We made that promise when we were children! Why stick to it now?! I clearly want you out of my life! Your existence makes me sick!" The angry male spat, raising a hand as if to hit the boy but pauses a moment as if conflicted. He bit his bottom lip, his moment of hesitance gone as he slaps the boy.

The sweater hood did little to cushion the harsh hit, the sleepy boy stumbling back a few steps while raising a hand to cradle his cheek through the fabric. Skin already getting sticky from the juice drying on it.

From this scene alone, who could believe the fact these two had grown up together and were very close friends. Inseparable and cared for each other deeply. Only some years ago did they begin to get distant. Marshall continually pushing the other away with crude words and harsh actions.

No matter what he did however, the sleepy headed boy Neal always followed behind him quietly. Trying to comfort him even as he once went as far as pushing Neal down the stairs.

Everyone wondered what was wrong in Neal's head. Taking all this abuse only to respond with things like this, was he a masochist?! Whatever the case, everyone stayed clear of this mentally questionable male. Leaving him alone to deal with Marshalls abuse day in and day out.

Marshall stormed off, leaving Neal standing there alone. He pulls off his hood, reaching for a napkin in his sweater pocket to dry and get the juice off his face. It was to late for a simple napkin to get it off. With a heavy sigh he glances in the direction Marshall ran off to before heading out of the cafeteria himself.

His steps are slow and unhurried, eyes in a daze as if he was sleep walking. He heads to the bathroom, taking his time as he washes his face off with a cool stream of water from the bathroom tap. The water came out unevenly, a bit of rusty color to it at first before it soon turns into a clear stream.

A student walks into the bathroom, rushing to reach the toilet. He pauses however upon seeing the student leaned over at the sink with his eyes shut. The water still ran and water droplets dripped down his face, his sweater sleeves and collar a darker grey, suggesting he had been in the middle of washing his face.

The student steps closer and realizes that this boy was fast asleep! How was it he drifted off in the middle of washing his face, was it even possible? That water was in no way warm either.

Reaching over and turning off the tap, he glanced at the sleeping boy before poking his shoulder.

"Dude, you alright there? Do you need to go to the nurses office?" He was concerned, taken by surprise as the sleeping male suddenly opens his eyes and looks straight at him. He had to take a few steps back to calm his startled heart.