Chapter 2

Saffron's P.O.V

Ugggghhhh......... I've been stuck in this state of unconsciousness for what feels like weeks! And... ugh! What's that light? I-it's so bright! I can see it across the darkness of the cold, damp room. I slowly get to my knees, I stumble quite a bit, then I am finally able to stand. I stumble towards the light and when I get close enough to touch it I reach out and...

I let out a loud gasp but not loud enough to be heard by anyone else in case I am in a dangerous place. My eyes rush open but they shut very quickly as they get blinded by the bright lights and automatically close again, after a while I slowly open my eyes REAL slowly stopping once in a while waiting for them to readjust to the lights.

After a while, my eyes are fully open and readjusted to the light, I look around my surroundings, I notice two figures in the distance standing by the closed door talking. I freeze instantly. They look towards me and gasp loudly. Very quickly after they saw me awake they rushed towards me and stood beside my bed. I see they aren't human but are oddly coloured giant hedgehogs! I scream and leap out of bed and arm myself with the closest thing.

Looking down I see I grabbed a very large book and I notice I looked different? I completely and utterly freak out thinking that the giant hedgehogs did something to me. They are close, TOO close and are reaching out to me as if they are going to grab me. I scream again! In the panic I launch the huge book and it hits the black and red one straight in the face and it falls to the floor. The blue hedgehog yelps in shock and sprints to help the red and black one up proceeds to laugh as the red and black hedgehog has a shocked look on its face and one of its eyes is twitching out of shear shock.

I grab another object, I look at it, it's another book, it's smaller but it will do. I brandish my newly acquired weapon. while i am still in a state of panic thinking who are these human like hedgehogs? The blue hedgehog continues to laugh in hysterics at the other hedgehog's face. The red and black hedgehog begins growling in annoyance "WILL YOU SHUT UP SONIC!" the red and black hedgehog yells at the now named blue hedgehog... Sonic? What an odd name for a hedgehog.

"Eh heh heh... sorry Shads" says Sonic. Huh? They're ignoring me. Now I have a chance to escape. I begin to creep towards the now unguarded door. When the floorboard creaks under my foot and the two hedgehogs look towards me quickly. They realise that I am trying to escape. Sonic runs at me, I launch the book at them they dodge so I launch another projectile, so when sonic dodges the book they get hit by the other object, I dodge and flip into a back corner of the room and sonic slams into the door denting it with his body.

'Ow.. now that's gotta hurt' I thought to myself... "Sonic!" yells the one Sonic called Shads? An even odder name but whatevs. I'm starting to believe that these hedgehogs aren't female because there's no feminine parts and are naked, wait what? Why would that come to mind? Shads rushes over to Sonic and begins to help him up and begins to dust him off but again their glance quickly darts towards me once more.

As I notice that the two males are looking at me I arm myself picking an item off the wall I am standing against which has better items that could cause more damage and hopefully teach them that I am not giving up and that they should retreat. Going with that plan I begin pelting them with every hard object that I could get my hands on.

~A few Minutes later~

"TAIILLSSS!" oh darn, Sonic called for reinforcements now what, I know! I quickly think of a plan but first I must wait for this 'Tails' person to arrive.

Tail's P.O.V

It has been a long and dull 4 weeks since Sonic saved that mysterious girl, we have all been sitting and wondering if she will ever wake up. I have no idea if the cure for the poison has worked or not. What if I made her worse? She hasn't shown any signs of waking up and— "TAIILLSSS!" huh? That sounded like Sonic! Has she finally woken up? Has something bad happened? Hopefully this is the time we have all been waiting for. Better go see how she is.

I fly upstairs and towards the bedroom where the girl is being kept. As I got closer to the room all that could be heard was screaming, yelling and banging noises as if things were being thrown around...

I go to grab the handle of the door. I stop and freeze on the spot. What has happened here? The door is all dented. I go to open the door and I see the girl is awake, VERY awake and throwing things at Sonic and Shadow. "eh heh heh heh!" I can't help but laugh. I have never seen such an expression on Shadow's face! Oh my gosh! It's hilarious!! He looks sooo scared and confused. I look over to Sonic, he looks plain freaked out. Just as I am about to look at the girl I see a flying object speeding towards me. I am forced to duck before the metallic object smashes into my face CLANG whoa! That was close too close for comfort.

Saffron's P.O.V

Darn, I missed but now is my chance to escape! Let's do this! I bolt towards the now open door dodging the two hedgehogs and two-tailed fox. Why has he got two tails? As I run down the long and bright corridor, I hear the three creatures run after me. As soon as I reach the stairs I hear a door slowly open with a creak. A confused female sounding voice came from inside.

Suddenly, a resounding BANG rings out from the other side of the door. It sounded like someone wasn't paying attention and ran into the back of the door, instead of going down the stairs like a normal, uh, person? I hop onto the smooth bannister and slide down it as fast as I can. Once I had reached the bottom of the stairs I did four rolls and at the fifth time I stood up quickly and bolted towards what I thought was the front door. It was a heavy metallic door that jittered open as rough as sandpaper.

After struggling with the door I noticed we were in the middle of the woods as there were trees as far as the eye could see. I stopped for a brief moment in shock at the amount of trees. I begin to panic at the thought that I may never get out of here. Suddenly, I heard them about to come through the door and catch up with me, quickly I bolted into the woods unknowingly being watched by yet another hedgehog.

3rd P.O.V

As Sonic, Shadow, Amy and Tails reach the front door they notice that the mystery girl is gone. Shadow looks towards where the other hedgehog is hidden in the trees and notices the silver coloured fur.

?'s P.O.V

As I walk through Knotholes forest I begin to hear a commotion coming from the new Freedom Fighters HQ, I become incredibly worried, activating my telekinesis and fly as fast as possible to the HQ at the same time dodging the trees. Finally, reaching the HQ I see a female hedgehog I did not know rush out of the building. Just before I could fly after them I see Sonic, Shadow, Amy and Tails rush out after the girl. They just missed the female hedgehog that ran out of there previously. Wondering why they were chasing after her I flew down to them to see if I could help get the girl back.