We Can't Stay Here Forever

Silence filled the air in the Smosh Office, as Sunny and Matt had moved Wes' body out of the building. A few hours after Damien and I saw him, he passed away with just one wish.

Over and over, he asked us to make sure he doesn't turn. He doesn't want to hurt the ones he loved most. 

So once he fully passed, Matt did exactly that. He made sure to puncture his brain, so that he couldn't turn. 

Everyone sat in the main room, no one wanting to say a word. Joven's soft sobs filled the room, and a few others slowly joined in. Damien held me close, as I buried my head into his chest, letting out small sniffles. I couldn't wrap my head around what just happened. What if that were to have been Damien in there? I don't think I'd be able to say goodbye to him. Be able to make sure he doesn't turn. 

What if I get bitten? I don't want to see Damien watch me die. I know he wouldn't be able to handle it. I don't think I can even handle seeing another one of our friends have to go through that. 

"We have to figure out a plan, guys." Ian said, as he wiped his eyes. "Wes would want us to live as long we can. For him." He said, standing up and looking around. 

"Yeah, you're right. Sitting here and being sad is just gonna get the rest of us killed." Courtney said, sitting up. "Okay, so what do we do?"

"We need to make sure everyone has weapons. To defend ourselves." Sunny said, looking around. Joven pulled a Batman pocket knife from his pocket, as well as a few others did as well, well not Batman but, you know.

"Where are Rhett and Link at?" Olivia asked, looking at Ian. 

"They found out what happened before they left, they're at home with their families." Ian said, frowning slightly. "I hope Pam's okay..."

"Yeah...I hope Sam is too.." Olivia frowned. I didn't even take that into consideration. Everyone's loved ones are still at home, and it's too dangerous to leave the safety of our office. And soon enough we won't even be able to rely on our phones to keep in touch with one another. 

"It's okay. Once we are ready we will be able to drive and check on everyone, we can send our small search parties and gather back as many people as we can." Matt said, crossing his arms as he walked around. "Now, the office as a few guns in it for security reasons. We can gather those, and have them for emergencies."

"Okay, Ian and I can go get them, we know all the locations." Sunny said, stepping up beside Ian who nodded. "Now, you guys know we can't stay here forever, right? Once food is gone, we will have to eventually leave to find more food. We can get more when we send out for more people, but it won't last forever."

Mari nodded, taking a shaky breath. I could tell she was mentally worrying about her husband. They were all worrying about their spouses. I could tell.

"Y/n." I heard Damien whisper to me. I looked over at him, and he pointed to the other room. "I wanna talk to you about something."

"Okay." My heart pounded slightly as we both walked to the other room, and he closed the door. When he turned back, I saw the tears in his eyes as he stared at me. His eyes slowly drifted down, and stopped on my left hand. My engagement ring. 

"I'm sorry. I waited too long to ask you to marry me." He walked up, taking my hand into his and played with the ring on my finger. I only shook my head, leaning against his chest.

"No one could foresee this, Damien. It sucks that we spent so long planning our wedding. Maybe they will find a cure for this soon, and we can resume like normal." I knew it was unlikely. But, I had to hope, I had to show him I had hope.

"Here." I pulled out my phone, and opened a hidden album I had in it. Inside were pictures of me in my wedding dress, and the girls all in their bridesmaids dresses. Of course Damien hadn't seen the dress yet, and I watched his face light up as he took the phone from me. Tears spilled down his cheeks, and he looked up at me. "My God, how did I get so lucky? I would have cried like a baby seeing you walk down the aisle." He wiped it tears, and pulled me into another hug. I pressed my face against his chest, nodding.

I won't be able to walk down the aisle.

I won't be able to say my vows.

I won't be able to say I do, and marry the man I love.

I won't ever legally become Y/n Haas. 

"I love you, Damien." I sniffled against him. He kissed the top of my head, holding onto me tighter. "I love you, Y/n."

~~

"So here's the plan." Ian had us all sitting in the meeting room, going over the plan they had. 

"We are going to send out Joven, Mari, and Shayne for the first run. They will go and see who they can find, and also gather as much food as they can. Tomorrow we will send out a different group, and so on. We will gather as much supplies as we can, until we feel the need that we can stay in here and be safe for a while." Ian's tone grew serious, as he looked around the room.

"Guys, there is no promising everyone will come back safe, or alive. Be careful. We need every last one of you to stay alive. Okay?"

Everyone nodded, and Ian handed Joven, Mari and Shayne each a gun. They made their way out of the lobby, then outside to one of the cars available. 

"We need to reorganize the entire building. In case we get overrun, we know safe places to hide. We need to find a way to board up all the windows and block off doors. Okay?"

Once again, we all nodded. Everyone got up, and began searching the office for anything we could use to block off all the entrances. Damien walked past me, planting a small kiss onto my cheek before going into the other room to look for things.

"Hey, Y/n." I turned, seeing Courtney standing there. She pulled me into a soft hug, then pulled away. "I'm sorry, about the wedding. I know how excited you were for it. We all were." She frowned, shoving her hands into her pants pockets. "You were so beautiful in your dress. It's a shame Damien won't get to see it."

"I uh, actually showed him the pictures about an hour ago. He cried." I smiled, rubbing my arm slightly. "I wish he could see the real thing."

"Well, maybe when one of us go on the run, we can stop by the store we went to and get the dresses? We could do a mini wedding in the office?"

My eyes widened slightly. I hadn't even thought of that. And with it being so early in this, now would be the perfect time to do it.

"Yeah, and we can surprise Damien." I smiled, hugging her. "Courtney, you're amazing!"

"I know." She laughed, hugging back. "You will get your wedding."