1 § Best Part

you don't know babe, when you hold me
& kiss me slowly, it's the sweetest thing
~ H.E.R ~

• Sincere Harris •

"Kaia Rose!", I yelled in a singing tone, stepping through the door of our two story home in my red scrubs and black Nike Air Maxes. My feet were killing me and these twelve hour shifts this week have been whooping my ass, but it's two weeks before Christmas and this year will be epic. More hours, means more money and more money means progression.

"Mommy!", she yelled, running down the stairs with her curly hair bouncing around in her face. She smiled a cute little smile and embraced me into the biggest hug as I squatted down to her level. She hasn't been seeing much of me lately due to my long hours and I've been missing my honey bunches. "I misted you."

"You did? Mommy 'misted' you too.", I exclaimed, mocking her childish grammar.

"Can we hang out today, pwease?", she asked, showcasing that little pout she's known for doing.

"Yeah, as soon as you come home from school we can have a girls day.", I said, running my hands through her hair. It's seven in the morning and on cue, it's time to get her ready for school, meanwhile, I'm about to rest up until it's time to go get her later today at 2:30.

"You pwomise?", she asked with those pretty pleading eyes.

"Yes, mommy promise.", I said, holding my pinky out for her to intertwine hers as she smiled once again. "Now give mommy kisses so you can finish getting ready."

She leaned in and gave me a few kisses before she headed back upstairs to her bedroom to finish getting dressed for school. Our temporary routine consists of picking out her school outfit that night before. Rising from the marble floors, I stretched a little before heading down the main hall and into the master bedroom. Of course I was met by the man of the hour as he sat on the bed, packing up her Jansport backpack with her material for the school day.

"You got her lunchbox in there?", I asked, dropping my purse on my vanity and heading to the closet to kick my shoes off. I stripped from my top and bottoms of my scrubs, leaving me in a cotton Tommy Hilfiger sports bra and boy shorts set.

"It's in there.", he stated, coming behind me to wrap his arms around my waist. He placed kisses along my neck, causing me to caress his jawline in my little hand. Moments like this I truly savor and I wouldn't trade them from the world.

"You tired?"

"Am I? Exhausted baby.", I sighed, as he released me from his embrace.

"I know. I keep telling you that you don't have to work that hard, but you be over working yourself.", he said, turning me around to face him.

"As much as I would love to sit on my ass, that isn't an option love.", I said, kissing his lips.

"And see, that's why I love you.", he said, causing me to crack a smirk.

"I love you more my shnuckems.", I giggled as he gave me a mean mug, mushing my face away from his.

I let off another laugh before heading to the bathroom to take a quick shower before having to do Kaia's hair for school. This has been a regular for us over the past month, due to me making a schedule change so my baby girl and baby boy can have a great Christmas. Between managing our club, a few boutiques and franchises my father passed down to me and raising two four year olds, my life has been extremely busy, but I am beyond grateful for everything Deandre and I have accomplished over these three years.