Chapter 50

"This is fucking unbelievable! Get your eyes checked, ref!" I scream at the top of my lungs, hoping that son of a gun hears me.

I'm fully aware that I have many elders and parents around me, including Mateo's father Ricardo, but everyone sitting on the Bruins' side of the stadium seems to have caught on quickly that there's nothing I can do to stop myself from cursing at a bad call. Ricardo, in fact, has been joining me in the cursing madness much like he had done during the San Diego match.

According to some details that I was able to pick up on from the long ass statistics that were being recited over the stadium by two middle-aged commentators, Stanford was a favorite for taking the NCAA Soccer Championship this year. Honestly, I wasn't surprised, as the school had always been good in fútbol but now that I see the ref calling in their favor every chance that he gets, this year's statistics most definitely aren't a shocker. They're practically getting the win handed to them.

"Bullshit!" I yell at the ref yet again, this time for calling an offside on Ethan.

"Where the hell was that call on number 9 for the other team, ref?!" Ricardo joins for God knows what time to tonight. "¡Imbécil!"

I swear, if it weren't for this big turn out tonight, security would've easily been able to spot the two of us by now and we'd be kicked out in a heartbeat. And with that thought, the whistle to announce the end of the second half is blown as overtime awaits.

"I really can't believe this," Ricardo huffs, equally annoyed as I am. "That was most definitely not an offside. This was our match for sure."

He is absolutely right but when it comes to fútbol, I truly do believe that things, especially those that seem completely unexplainable, do happen for a reason. This is one of those moments. Ethan's break was clean and clear as day, but the declared offside only means that something greater is meant to happen in its place instead. I feel these kinds of things when it comes to the sport that once was considered my whole life. I may not live for it anymore but my intuition for it will remain in my blood 'til the day I die, whether I want it to or not. It's like the play is being rehearsed right in front of me...those four are going to end this thing in the Bruins' favor, no doubt in my mind.

"The match's not over yet, Señor Ricardo," I confidently say as I turn to look at Mateo's father, and then back out to the now empty field again, "the Bruins are taking this one home tonight."

*Author's Note: EXTREMELY short chapter, I know! It was mainly a filler, but the next one will be longer, I promise! Please don't forget to vote! :)*