Chapter 7

Before I know it, I'm hugging Neville and Ginny goodbye in the courtyard as everyone mills around us, ready for Christmas break. The Death Eaters disappeared a few days ago, and although things are still running rampant here, we can all take a deep breath. During those days, owls flooded in. Fred and Tonks must have caught word of this and I received two letters from them.

Tonks told me that she loved me and she would see me soon, although we had barriers. Fred ... Fred gave me the hope that I needed. He gave me a scare when he told me that our Christmas plans had changed and then told me it would be easier if i packed nothing -- if this is a trick to have me abandoned with no clothes at his apartment then I will kill him.

They hop onto the boats that will bring them across the lake and to the Hogwarts express. I traipse across the courtyard, huddling into my winter jacket. The snow crunches beneath my feet, it has been a hard winter -- weather wise and emotional wise.

I find myself in the streets of Hogsmeade soon after, people bustling around me doing some last minute shopping. I see a mop of red hair up above and quicken my pace.

"Lyra..." Fred says walking toward me. He kisses me hard and I grasp for his touch. "Come on, let's go. I can't stay in this God forbidden place any longer."

"Yes, please!" I say, laughing for the first time in months as he swings me around. "God, I love you!"

He grasps my hand and we slip away, the snow flying around us as we move through space. We stop, and we are standing on a dock surrounded by water. It's closer to nighttime and the sun is setting. I immediately start sweating due to the humidity and my breath stops as I look around us.

"Fred..." I say, looking at the water, the sunset, the boats in the distance. A beach on all sides of us. "This is ... beautiful. Oh my gosh, where are we?"

"Welcome to Siesta Key, Florida. I thought you might like a holiday back in the states ... besides, it's beautiful here. I found a pamphlet when I went to check out Greece at the traveling agency. I figured if you could come back to America we could be safer, and the food."

I jump into his arms and take in the smell of his hair, listening to waves against the dock and the people on the beach.

"This is ... the absolute perfect trip. I love this more than anything in the world. Thank you, Fred."

"Come see our place now, luv."

He takes my hand and leads me off the doc, my boots making it extra difficult to walk on the sand. Would have been nice to know I should have packed a second pair of shoes. I take my jacket off while we walk and he leads us to a small blue hut on the beach. There's a white wrap around porch and high tide brings the water up to the patio.

The inside is even better. I squeal at the look of the pastel walls, the white breezy curtains. The floors are light tan and the AC meets my skin in a refreshing manner. I go to the porch on the back and look out. The sea stretches for miles and in this moment I wish that I never had to go back.

Fred's arms snake around me and he kisses my neck. The salty air feels fresh on my face, in my hair, filling my lungs.

"Fred ... this is incredible." I breath. There's a hammock swaying side to side and I can't wait until the morning. "I love you."

"I love you more." he replies, nesting his head on my neck.

He pulls my hair back and plays with it lightly. This is the most perfect moment ever.

I turn to face him and kiss him deeply, my fingers finding his hair. He wraps an arm around my waist, picking me up and pressing me agains the wall. Fred's free hand travels up my side, holding the back of my neck.

He walks us into the main bedroom, laying me on the bed, and kissing my neck.

I have so many moments like this with Fred, where I wish that I could freeze time. After losing Cedric and Sirius, I always hold onto memories that I know I will forget someday.

But today, this day, I won't forget.