Chapter 6

Lauren's Pov

<><><><><><><><><><><>

An our before the 1D party, I called Ashton. "Hey, Lauren," he said. "Hey," I managed to say after my heart melted," Is it okay if I bring my friend Becca over?" "Totally!" he said enthusiastically. "Okay, thanks," I said. "Well," he said," See you soon." Before he hung up, I don't know if this is my imagination or not, I heard him say "Love you."

/when they're arriving at Rocky River Park/

When we got to the park, I jumped out of the car and saw that Ashton and everyone else were playing soccer on the sand. I snuck up behind Ashton and jumped on his back. He yelped in surprise and we fell over onto the sand. Blair comes up behind. Us holding her phone. "Can't wait to see that on Instagram," she snickered. We all laughed and Calum helps us up. "So," Michael says," Let's introduce ourselves and play some truth or dare. We all blush a little bit, then laugh. We play the name game and my name is Loopy Lauren. "Hello," I say," I'm Loopy Lauren, and this is Awesome Ashton." I gesture ti Ashton, who's sitting next to me. When the game ends, we start truth or dare. Becca starts.

"Alli, truth or dare?"

"Dare," she says. Oh, no, I think. "I dare you to give me a piggyback ride until you fall over." She groans as Becca climbs onto her back. When they're balanced, Alli says," Truth or dare... Blair!"

"Dare!" Blair says with confidence.

"I dare you and Niall to kiss for 10 seconds." They both blush, then scoot over to each other. Then, their lips slowly touch. For an awkward 10 seconds, we sit there watching Blair and Niall kiss.

"8,9,10!" Alli announces. Blair an Niall slowly return to their seats, but Niall sits next to Blair this time. If I could see my brain, it would have been smiling. Blair says, "Lauren, truth or dare?" "Truth," I say. "Are you dating Ashton?" Me and Ashton glance at each other, then a connection passes between us. "Yes," I say. Everyone cheers as Ashton runs over and kisses me. He sits next to me. "Calum, truth or dare?" I ask. "Dare!" he says with a weird voice. We laugh as I say," I dare you to say one good thing about all of us girls!"

"Well," he starts," Alli is smart, Lauren is perky, Blair is sassy, Leila is a great friend, and Becca..." He stops a at Becca and stares affectionately at her,"Becca is beautiful." After a long silence, Becca yells," Oh, come here you!" She throws her arms around his neck and gives him a kiss on the cheek. We clap. After the game ends, we hang out around the park. Becca and Calum are splashing each other in the lake, me and Ashton are pushing each other on the swings, Leila and Alli are talking on a bench, and I saw Niall and Blair holding hands and kissing a few times. The rest of the guys are playing volleyball on the sand.

The night is peaceful, so peaceful.

After everyone left, it's just me and Ashton. We kiss a couple of times, then go sit in the shallowest part of the water, where the water is almost on dry land. Ashton whispers something in my ear.

"I love you so much."