A second chance

???: Oi Boon! Wake up! Captain is going to have a fun time if you don't get your ass up from the bed!

Val: *groan* fine mom, and it's Val can't you just be simple and just remember my name?

Edith: aw, little Val is getting worked up just because its early in the morning.

Val: shut up. Anyways I'm up so details.

Edith: Captain is asking you and your squad to do a simple morning flight, and while on it he said to also scout for anything.

Val: we're in the middle of the Atlantic, and at this hour no ships or anything is up yet.

Edith: just move your ass and do what the captain says, and no whining or else you'll get a fistful of my knuckles.

With that she left my quarters, with a heavy sigh I got off my bed and did my morning routine consisting of a few sit ups, push ups, and a simple jumping jack to wake up my body. After that, a nice warm bath is nice.

Time Skip

Captain: alright girls! Time to do our daily routine, and Val! Get your ass up your jet and do three rounds around the ship understand!?

Val: Sir yes sir!

Captain: good! Now move move move!!!

Getting on my jet and prepared myself for the sling, I charged up the engine. With loud roars I feel myself getting in tune with my jet, as if I'm becoming one with it. With the signal going off I got slingshotted off the carrier and met up with my squad.

Val: alright men, you heard the captain.

Rookie8: got it boss!

Delta4: let's show em some nice flight show!

Dropper1: Hell yeah!!

Archer3: lighting up the skies Valkyrie00.

Val: let's warm our babies up!

With that we broke off and started scouting the area for any trespassing crafts. Deciding to go a little further than my normal circle, I expanded my route and did a couple tricks.

Val: any dots on the radar boys?

Dropper1: none.

Archer: clean screen boss.

Rookie8: nothing here.

Delta4: all green.

Val: good, let's meet up in base I'll catch up.

All: got it boss.

Turning around, I noticed that something came up in my radar and it's closing in fast. However, before I can get a visual the dot sent out two missiles causing my alarms to go off. Once close, I pressed my flares only for it to malfunction, realizing that it is too late to dodge I only have one thing in mind.

Val: well that's too bad, and it's Edith's turn to cook... shame I won't be able to taste her cooking again.

Accepting reality everything went dark.

???: what a shame indeed.

Val: the hell?

??: it is saddening to see young soldiers as yourself go, and such a handsome one too.

A voice, a woman's voice spoke inside my head.

???: no worries, for I shall give you another chance at life!

Enthusiastic that's for sure, sounds like a hyperactive woman with a knack for eating more sugar.

???: now then, before he gets any more creative.