Omake: Dragon Crossing

Val Pov

Val: So you're saying that this little guy arrived here with a bunch of rainbow-colored crystals?

I asked Dev, who is entertaining his little Maid friend.

And by entertain, meaning the two of them are softly doing softcore porn in front of me.

Val: Also can you two at least stop what you two are doing? Trying to be civil here.

Dev: Sorry, but can you blame me for not being able to hold my dear Miya for such a long time? After all, she is a Maid in the Leviathan house.

Val: yeah yeah whatever, now please explain this little guy right here.

I pointed at a hatchling Jagras. How do I know it's a Jagras? Jarvis told me.

Val: So about the gems... Where are they?

Dev shrugged and pointed at the Jagras again.

Dev: Little guy ate them.

I feel like choking the guy.

Val: Excuse me?

Dev: don't worry though, I managed to save one.

I palmed my face. I am so not in the mood to deal with his bullshitery so fucking early.

Val: Ugh, then where is it?

He threw me the rainbow-colored gem at me.

Val: So you're saying that, this is the thing that brought you here?

Dev: Yep, same glowy shit.

I inspected the gem. I don't know how the hell it brought Dev and the others here but, judging by how it emits a somewhat strong source of magic can slightly explain it.

Val: Jarvis, can you analyze it?

Jarvis: Of course, however. You might want to at least taste it or get a smaller piece of it to be orally ingested for a proper analysis.

Did he seriously just say that.

Jarvis: Yes I did.

Oh for fucks sake! Fine. Let me grab some from that Jagras.

I walked over to the cautious Jagras, which it started to hiss at me.

Val: Relax, I'm only here for that little piece there.

It stopped hissing and dropped its guard slightly.

Val: Thank you.

I grabbed the smallest one I could find and immediately swallowed it... Thankfully Dev and Miya are busy making out.

Jarvis: Analyzing... Analyzing complete. It seems to be completely made out of Bioenergy with traces of Magic.

Val: Anything else?

Jarvis: With how Dev described his experience with it. It apparently has the ability to transport both inanimate objects and animated objects. Further info is yet to be discovered.

Great... It seems even with Jarvis' help I can't understand this thing... But recalling scientists and practitioners of old... You never know unless you try it first.

Val: Ophis, Darling?

Immediately a portal forms above me and Ophis dropped from it.

Ophis: Are we doing it again?

I blushed at her sudden question.

Val: No... Well... Not yet at least but for now.

I explained to her what I would be doing.