May 4, 2014

\\Edited\\

//Lexi//

Days at school are hard, and very stressing, mostly because I'm the person most people look up to. I always gain 'hello's from the teachers and along with students in my school, I'm not cocky but I love being treated like I'm the only person on stage, when they're 25 more people along with me.

When you first meet me, your first thing you think is that you wanna kill me there and then. Others think that I'm a slut, but I've never had a boyfriend. Some people say my darting green eyes and my light purple hair give everything away. I often get lots of complements on my hair, I dyed it purple mostly because I wanted to stand out from the boring crowd.

I don't really have a real friend, they always throw me away, or I end up throwing them out of my life because they're using me. Knowing me I don't really care about now having a real friend, I don't need anybody.

It was the middle of French class, and we were getting our exchange students from all around the country today. I was actually very excited that maybe meeting this person meant I had a true friend. The class was filled with chatter about the whole thing. Basically a exchange student is where you go to their family for a few months and then they come to your family for a few months.

All the chatter stopped once my teacher who was late once again, walked into the room placing papers on her desk. "Okay class," my teacher started, she cleared her throat before she began to talk again. "As you'll know you get your partner, for your exchange today!" She smiled. "And you should also know, that girls will be with girls, guys will be with guys." She laughed.

I really liked my French teacher, she was always a very happy person and she tried her best to make everyone happy at the same time. Me personally thought she was a good person to have around she always smiles, unlike my other teachers who look dead everyday.

My teacher handed out the sheets of paper with our names on them, on the sheet it had information on the person we were getting. Such as last name, first name, birthday and location. I was really existed.

Our teacher went around handing out the papers, I ready a few 'oh my god's and a few squeals from around the room. I waited patiently for my paper to come, getting a bit anxious to find out what my new friend might look like. My teacher walked towards my setting my paper face down on my desk. I quickly spread my arm out to grab the paper looking over and scanning the sheet with my eyes.

I gasped, my eyes widened, to what was on my sheet. My Exchange partner wasn't a girl, it was a guy. I put my attention on the boys picture on the top of the page, this boy was quite cute. He has an award winning smile, and had eyes as blue as the sky on a sunny day. His dimples were so cute I wanted to poke them. His hair was blonde, and spiked up into a quiff style. He was perfect. I looked at him a bit longer and it made me feel insecure.

Then I realized, girls only get girls. Guys only get guys. I raised my hand, but my teacher had already called my name out in front of the class.

"Now, most of you got your exchange partners as the correct gender. But for Lexi she got a boy, there wasn't enough girls for all the girls to get the right gender." She looked at me and smiled, the class gave me stares from every direction and some boys whistled at me and a few other girls called on at me 'you go get em girl!' I waved off their comments and continued to read about him.

His name is Luke Hemmings, he's 18 just like me and he lives in Australia. "Cool," I whispered to myself. "I can't wait."