Chapter Fourteen

"Hey baby!" Awsten came and gave me a kiss. I was snuggled under a blanket on his couch and he had just gotten home. "How was your night with Rain and Emma?"

"It was so lovely to get to see them again, after so long." Rain was my friend, who lives in LA that met at a camp in Germany. Emma is her girlfriend. "How was your night?"

"It was good but weird. Elijah took us to some freaky deaky vampire S&M bar." Awsten laughed.

"Okay, now I'm jealous." I said with a stern face.

"Baby, it wasn't like that."

"I want to go!" I teased him.

"Oh jeez, I thought that you were mad at me for going." He let out a sigh of relief. "We'll go on a date there."

I laughed at his joke and he sat next to me on the couch so I put my legs on his lap.

"What time is it?" I asked suddenly getting an idea.

"22:30, why?"

"Would it be crazy to go to the beach?" I pitched my dumb idea.

"It would definitely be crazy." I nodded, realising it wouldn't be realistic. "Which is why we definitely should."

"Really?" I sat up in excitement.

"Hell yeah!" He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in for a kiss.

There was something different between Awsten and I, that wasn't there before. I couldn't put my finger on it but there was like this crazy passion between us, and I love it.

"I'll grab some blankets and us both a sweater. Raid the cupboards for snacks." He instructed and rushed off. "Bring the orange juice!"

I grabbed some crisps, oreos, twizlers, and some blueberries. I also got the orange juice and some bottles of water from the fridge, along with a can of Arizona ice tea for me.

I put them all in my Fjallraven backpack, along with my phone, charger, Polaroid camera, money and ID. Awsten had put the blankets in his own backpack and handed me one of his jumpers to wear.

When I put it on, I was engulfed in his scent. I pulled him close to me by his jean pockets. I placed my lips against his and tasted bitter coffee on his lips.

His hands gripped the backs of my thighs and picked me up, placing me on the kitchen counter. I ran my hands through his faded out red hair.

"When did we get this hot?" I joked, panting after our desperate kiss.

"Maybe we need to take more breaks." Awsten chuckled and I shook my head.

"Nuhuh, you're not going anywhere!"

"Please murder me, it'll be fun. I bet we'd even get on the news." He laughed, coughing a little from his sore throat, from tour.

"Take me to the beach and maybe I'll drown you." I smirked, before kissing his cheek and hopping down from the counter.

"Fuck, that's so hot." We both laughed, grabbing our bags and leaving the apartment.

Awsten let me put my Bluetooth on his car radio, so I put on my playlist. We set off to the beach under the cloudy night sky.

"How is there still traffic at 11pm?!" I groaned.

"It's LA." Awsten replied before randomly pulling off the highway.

"Where are you going?"

"Starbucks drive thru, duh." He approached the 24 hour Starbucks and went through the drive thru. He ordered both of our coffees and paid on a gift card that a fan had given him.