Part One

The rumble of a motorcycle filled the streets of a cozy town on the East Coast.  If this were a movie, the sound would have people running indoors, not waiting to draw the eyes of the intimidating bikers.  This wasn't a movie though, and this town valued these bikers.

Sure they were intimidating.  Steve, the number two man in charge, a combat vet, whose blue eyes had girls around town melting.  Sam, another combat vet, who after the war followed Steve back to the tiny town, another high ranking member.  Then there was Bucky, the leader, his long brown hair always pulled into a bun, his left arm covered in tattoos.  He was brooding and the most intimidating of them all.  If you were kind to him, he tolerated you.  

There were several other members each protecting the towns surrounding Honey Grove.  Most people in the town ignored the group, only offering a nod or smile when they happened to meet eyes.  Years before there was another biker gang that had taken up residence.  Hydra.  They weren't so passive.  They threatened, killed, and kidnapped.

Eventually Bucky returned home from the Army and immediately set to work on getting his town back.  With the help of his childhood best friend, and his new army buddy.  The three of them put together their own gang with the help of an old family friend, and drove Hydra out of town. 

It had been a year since then and the town was now more than grateful to hear the growl of motorcycles. 

It was 9 am and Bucky needed his coffee fix.  He knew he was probably waking the whole town revving his engine like he did but it was their thing.  Truth be told the man hated coffee, he had too much of it overseas.  Sam and Steve found it hilarious, that he hated coffee so much only for him to spend almost all his free time in a coffee shop.

Buzz had been your dream for as long as you could remember.  The small coffee shop had everything you wanted in a hangout when you were in high school and college.  Thus your shop was constantly filled before and after school with the sweetest kids on the planet.  You had free wifi and a secret coffee only the local high schoolers could order.  The secret was that it was decaf, much to the joy of the parents.

You were like a big sister to all the kids in town and they adored you.  There was only one person in town who adored you more and it was Bucky. 

How you got his attention was still a mystery.  You actually hadn't even noticed until Peter, one of the high schoolers and secretly your favorite, mentioned it to you.   "He smiles at you Y/n.  He doesn't smile ever."

You had rolled your eyes, but on the inside it made you pleased as punch that the handsome man reserved the smile only for you, at least according to Peter.

You had just opened your doors and were preparing for your usual customers, when you heard the distinct sound of Bucky's bike.  You would never admit but you could tell the difference between the three men's bikes.

You turn away from the door when you hear the bike pull up, trying to school your features.  The last thing you wanted was the man to get an even bigger head.

You hear the bell ding about the door ding, you turn around and Bucky gives you a wide smile.  "Well, well, well, if it isn't the prettiest girl in town."

"Good mornin' James."  Bucky let out a groan and shook his head before taking a seat at the bar.   You had been calling him Bucky since he met you and now you knew his real first name?  He was about to ask you how you managed to find out, when you give him another grin.

"Your mother came in.  She said you talked about this place so much she had to come in and see it for herself.  She thought it was just for the kids."  You give a laugh at his shocked face.  He couldn't believe the nerve of his mother.  She had of course not heard about the shop, but about you and wanted to scope you out.

"Oh man.  What else did she tell you?"  You laughed again at Bucky's whine and watched as he pressed his forehead to the bar.

"Nothin much, but I will say, you sure did look adorable when you were little.  Also is Steve on steroids?"  Bucky let a loud bark of laughter out at that, and rolled his eyes.

"He had a growth spurt. Is there anyway I can convince you to ban my mother from this place?"  He looked at you with a grin on his stubbled face and gave you a wink.

"Please sweetheart?"  This man was impossible.  Between the pet name and puppy dog eyes you were melting.

You lean on the counter in front of him. "Not a chance."

He could smell your perfume radiating off you and he allowed himself to take delight in it.  "How about dinner then?"

The scent of gasoline and motor oil, mixed with Bucky's cologne had you ready to say yes.  That was until the bell dinged once more.

"Hey Y/n. Hey Mr. Bucky. I could really use some coffee this morning I was up all night studying for..."  Peter finally stopped his rambling and took in you and Bucky and the lack of distance between you.

"Did I interr-" 

"I'll get your coffee Peter."  You move away from Bucky quickly and try to gain your senses back, before grabbing the special coffee pot.

"I gotta get to the shop.  Mind if I ask again tomorrow?"  You turn back to see Bucky walking backwards to the door, a hopeful smile on his face.

"Sure James."  You give him a small smile of your own, and he gives you a wave before jumping on his bike and heading to the bar.

"I'm really sorry Y/n."  Peter looked close to tears after realizing he had cockblocked the biker.

"Don't worry about it.  I needed the reality check."  You give him a wink and move to the register to get him out and to school on time.