Chapter 1

"It's been ages since we've visited the castle," Twilight Sparkle said, as she, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Spike walked down the soft mossy ground of the Everfree Forest, "I've really missed its library."

"I want to play the organ again!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie, happily bouncing along the road with them.

"And I still have some tapestries to hang!" squealed Rarity, "Oh, I can't wait for you all to see them in place! They'll look simply divine!"

"Me and Dash have a bet on," said Applejack, "Whoever can walk through the whole castle and remember to avoid all the traps, wins. If Dash wins, I have to make her a week's supply of cider free of charge. WhenI win, Dash does all my chores for a week."

"If you win, AJ," corrected Rainbow Dash, "And you'll be the one supplying me with cider, thanks!"

She sighed dreamily and licked her lips at the thought of it.

"Well, you won't have long to wait," said Twilight, "There's the castle now."

They reached the end of the trees and spotted the Castle of the Two Sisters on the grass, beside the huge cavern that led to the Tree of Harmony.

"Two whole hours of pure reading bliss!" said Twilight, dreamily, looking round at the shelves as they opened the library doors and walked in, "All those books! So many left to read!"

"Ohoho, if it isn't Princess Twilight and her pals!" a familiar voice sounded, "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

The Mane 6 and Spike looked over to where the voice had come from to see Discord sitting against a pile of fallen books, deeply engrossed in a book called Chaos Magic And Its Implications.

"Discord!" beamed Fluttershy, "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, just doing a bit of light reading," said the draconequus, lazily, turning the book to the next page, "Didn't expect to see you girls here. Oh, I found something that might interest you, Twilight," he said, reaching for a book, "Here."

He tossed her the book and she caught it with her magic. Her eyes widened as she read the title: Star Swirl the Bearded's Knowledge of Ancient Equestrian Relics.

Twilight's jaw dropped!

"Star Swirl the Bearded's Knowledge of Ancient Equestrian Relics!" exclaimed Twilight in delight, "OhmygoshohmygoshohmyGOSH! Thanks, Discord! Come on, Spike!" She grabbed her dragon friend with her magic and galloped over to one of the reading chairs, "You've got some notes to take! Hee hee hee!"

"I still have my tapestries to hang," added Rarity, heading out after them.

"Applejack and I are gonna go and watch Applejack fall into traps," added Rainbow Dash, cheerfully, fluttering out the door, "The cider is mine! I just know it!"

"Not if I have anythin' to say about it!" declared Applejack, galloping out after Rainbow Dash.

"And I have an organ to play!" declared Pinkie Pie, spiritedly.

"HANG ON, ORGAN!" she yelled, whizzing out of the door, "I'M COMING FOR YOUUUUUUUU!"

"Well, I guess that just leaves you and me, Fluttershy," said Discord, snapping his fingers.

With a flash of light, they were both sitting at an extremely fancy tea table, and Discord was dressed in his pitch-black dinner jacket, complete with the twirly moustache. The table was laid with a hot teapot, two teacups with saucers, and a tray of delicious-looking cupcakes with different coloured icing for each one.