Chapter 4

"Oh, this is so humiliating!" complained Discord, as he trudged through Ponyville with Fluttershy the next morning, using an extra-tall walking frame to help him stay on his feet.

Lyra Heartstrings and Sweetie Drops, who were standing nearby, noticed the Lord of Chaos walk by, having to use a walking frame to stay up, and instantly burst out laughing!

Upon hearing their laughter, Fluttershy whipped round, giving Lyra and Sweetie Drops the biggest death stare she had ever given! They gasped in fright, then immediately stopped laughing and looked away. Fluttershy gave a satisfied nod and carried on the road with Discord, giving anypony who dared to laugh at him another death stare. For a sweet, kind, animal-loving pegasus, Fluttershy certainly had a way of making ponies shut their traps. Her death stares really gave them the shivers.

"Don't worry," said Fluttershy, comfortingly, flying up and putting her hand on Discord's shoulder, "Things will all be back to normal soon. Oh, look, there are the others!"

She pointed ahead. As Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rarity saw Fluttershy approach with Discord and his walking frame, they all began to snicker! Rainbow Dash had clap her hoof to her mouth to stop herself into bursting into a fit of uncontrollable giggles!

Fluttershy's face darkened. "Nopony laughs," she snapped, in a deadly voice, "Nopony gets the Stare!"

The four ponies instantly stopped giggling and looked away.

"Thank you, Fluttershy," said Discord, looking irritably at them, "May I suggest we get to Twilight's castle and carry on looking for some answers? The sooner I get my magic back—"

"—The sooner you won't have to walk like an old lady?" snickered Rainbow Dash.

"Oh, Dashie, stop it," scolded Fluttershy, taking Discord's paw, comfortingly, "Come on, everypony."

With Rainbow Dash still snickering at Discord's condition, the six friends headed down the road to Twilight's castle.

"Honestly, I don't know how any of you ponies manage not being able to just snap your fingers and instantly go wherever you want," complained Discord, as he walked.

"Don't you worry, Discord!" declared Pinkie Pie, cheerfully, bouncing down the road alongside him, "We'll get your magic back! And then I'll throw you a big "congratulations, you've got your magic back" party!"

"And if you don't, I know a perfect retirement home in Ponyville where you can stay for the rest of your life," chirped Rainbow Dash.

"RAINBOW DASH!" shouted Fluttershy in Rainbow's face!

After that, Rainbow Dash seemed to get the message, and she stayed silent as they carried on down the road from Ponyville to Twilight's castle.

"I certainly hope Twilight isn't having any trouble," said Rarity, concernedly.

"Don't be silly, Rarity!" chirped Pinkie Pie, happily bouncing along behind her, "She's only been possessed with the most powerful and dangerous magic known to the entire universe! What could possibly go wrong?"

"Uh..." trembled Rainbow Dash, pointing upwards, "Maybe THAT!"

The others looked up, and their jaws dropped as low as they could go. Twilight's Castle of Friendship was rotating anticlockwise in the air, concealed inside an orb of deep blue chaos magic, with different-coloured bolts and flashes occurring all around it.

Everypony stared at in horror. Then a little snicker escaped Discord's mouth, and he collapsed over his walking frame in laughter!

"Discord!" snapped Rainbow Dash!