Prologue: The "Anything Goes" Era

Legenyuu...a rather divine being, had infiltrated the world of Iiaga— where humanity resided. Unlike all the other mystical beings that came before that relied on mere factors like camouflage to attack the human race, Legenyuu had a signature weapon—Yujouki.

This substance power, magical steam, has played a huge role of where the humans stood for better or worse depending on who was asked on the matter.

Legenyuu didn't act on his lonesome. To make humanity fall beneath him while he was dispersed throughout the skies of Iiaga, he had created an exceptional army. The fastest land animal, the cheetah, going from peaceful to a force to be reckoned with, sharing the power of their master—he called them the Yujouki Cheetahs. These creatures took on two forms, anthropomorphic or shapeshifter. With their humanized physiques, they lopped off about 56% of the human population.

However, over the years of infiltrating and some even blending in with humanity for the universal game of territory, most Yujouki Cheetahs were curious about the human lifestyle. Some things they couldn't quite put their fingers or paws on, but there was something intriguing about how they lived. Some had accepted the enemy's company and went so far as to disobey Legenyuu's commands just to satisfy their curious natures.

Needless to say, he was absolutely livid.

He called upon every one his children and spoke these words that apparently went through to only so many of the thousands.

"My children. It seems that I've been too lenient on you all. No more. If one of you wishes to...no, dares to provoke me once again, I will have to resort to punishing each and every one of you. I will start over this game we have played for years with my own hand if I must. Just say the words, and I will grant you your suicidal wish!"

Afterwards, a war between the Yujouki Cheetahs and enraged residents that had their homeland stolen and used as a habitat, had commenced. The weight of the war was quite off in favor of the residents. The cheetahs couldn't keep up. Not when the humans had a shocking trick up their sleeves.

Certainly not when their liege wasn't present to guide them. The Yujouki Cheetahs didn't have a prayer against humankind.

The game was over.

Humanity had the chance to piece back together the ease throughout their lives...but how could they?

After all, there were some pretty big pending squabbles amongst the people that still needed to be dealt with.

This would be the "Anything Goes" era.