Powerless

"If the time we spent together, all of the times you helped me train, the times you spent with me in the gardens... if that doesn't mean anything to you," I take hold of the lance with both hands, "then strike me down. If you truly believe that I mean nothing."

I stared the man I had grown attached to, the man that was not overtaken by a dark power that had also killed Rinea for his own gain. I showed no fear in this moment, refusing to show any weakness in the face of death. There were only two outcomes to this: Berkut regaining himself, or I die trying.
---------------------------------------------------------
AN: here's a little something until I can get going again

I stood there, the tip of Berkut's lance firmly held in place pointed at me while the both of us stared at each other. Berkut has a corrupted fire in his eyes that didn't seem to waver at all, even with the ever nearing enemy right down the hallway. Rinea's fiery form floated above us, occasionally coming down to Berkut's shoulder and trying to avert my attention.

"Let me ask you this before I potentially perish at your hand." I break the silence after a good minute, catching the man before me off guard. I stared into his eyes, constantly watching for any wavering intent, anything at all that could help me.

"What did you see in me that night that made you want to bring me here to this palace and spend your days with me?" I looked down at the spear for only a second, then returned to his face. "In other words, what am I to you or what is your reasoning of bringing me here after meeting me only once really?"

By this time, Alm and the other man had made it to the large chamber along with the rest of the Deliverance. They stood and watched this, Alm trying to edge closer.

"What are you... to me?" Berkut's face creases in confusion, failing to mask his broken focus. His eyes show a storm brewing potentially in his mind, his grip ever slightly loosening.

"No! You are nothing- But you helped me through so much, made my life better. I wasn't strong enough- I don't need you to protect me anymore!" Berkut argued back and forth with himself, sometimes spouting nonsense and using his other hand to firmly grip the hair on the side of his head. His face changed to that of anger mixed with confusion and concern, if that was even possible.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Alm getting a bit too close, and before I could say a word to the boy, the witch Rinea had started to attack him. I decided to ignore him for now and focus on Berkut. If I can get him back to his senses then we can leave here peacefully if possible.

"Come on, Berkut. Come back. This isn't you."

The spear jerked to the side, shallowly slicing through my armor and catching flesh near the end of the swing. Berkut yelled in frustration, turning away from me as I gasped and held my wound. His knees became wobbly as he stumbled away towards the large fire he had thrown Rinea into. He gripped his head in his hands, collapsing to his knees in front of the fire.

I watched him struggle with himself, the numerous times of him pulling at his hair, or punching the stone floor, and even yelling into the fire. I could hear his pain as I sat there, clutching my abdominal wound, completely forgetting that I could heal myself at the moment instead to keep my eyes on this internal battle Berkut is struggling with.

He finally stands, clenching his fists and jaw.
"I can't do it! I've already ruined one woman's life for you, I won't let you have (y/n) as well!"
He storms over to me, scooping me into his arms, and runs past the others into the next room. He holds my head close to his shoulder, holding onto me for dear life. He looks down at my now for sure bloodied hands and runs faster.

"You aren't safe here anymore because of me. I did this, and I need to make it right."

He stops abruptly in front of a statue of Mila, dropping to his knees with me still in his arms. He hangs his head, turning slightly away from me.

"Please, goddess, heal her from my mistakes. Take anything you want from me, just let her live, I beg of you." Tears ran down his cheek as he spoke, his breathing becoming ragged and stressed.