Bullies

Mikey's POV

I looked at Lexi to make sure that the note was for me. She nodded her head and I opened the note.

What's wrong? The note read. I wrote back while making sure Mr Stephens didn't catch me.

What do you think of Noah?

The note was passed back to her. As she read the note, one eyebrow raised. Lexi stared at me with a 'really?' Kind of look. Mr Stephens caught us not paying attention.

"I'm explaining something important. Would you kindly focus your attention on me?" He asked. We both nodded our heads, embarrassed.

Lexi glanced at me again. I  shrugged my shoulders and signalled for us to talk during lunch. She nodded her head and we turned back to the board.

"As I was saying..." Mr Stephens continued, "Tomorrow you will be getting an assignment. You will be in partners with the person to your right. In the assignment, you'll make a three dimensional model of any kind of cell. Remember to label all the different parts." Mr Stephens explained.

The class nodded their heads and looked to the people on their rights. On my right, was this girl named Eliza. She had dark brown hair with purple dye at the ends. Her bright green eyes contrasted very well to her pale skin. Eliza always wore bright, neon colours and never stopped talking to her friends during class.

I knew that Mouth liked her a lot. Poor Mouth had this gross nerdy kid named Trevor. He was known for bringing his pet frog, Neville to school in a glass jar. 😉

Eliza grinned at me and I gave her a quick smile. I was definitely going to do some matchmaking this week.

Lexi's POV

After Mr Stephens explained the assignment, I looked to my right as saw that Noah was my partner. I now had a better chance to look at him. He had messy brown hair and a cute smile. His eyes were bright and curious.

"Hi partner!" Noah exclaimed. I said hello back and the class started discussing the assignment until the lunch bell rang. For lunch, we headed to the cafeteria. It was basically the front foyer with tables and chair set up.

I joined Mikey and the others. We sat down at a table near a window. "So how was the first half of school for you, Alexia?" Data asked. I replied, "It was great! I didn't cause any trouble and I don't plan on pranking anyone in the future. I know, it's part of my personality but I don't want to get expelled from here, too."

Data nodded his head while Chunk stuffed his face with chocolate pudding. "What's up Chubby Chunk and friends?" I heard from behind me. I looked up to see Brian smirking at us with two of his friends standing behind him.

"Oh, you're going here now, are you?" Brian grinned at me. "Oh, you still exist, do you?" I shot back. His smirk turned into a glare. He lowered his voice so only I could hear him. "Don't hang out with these losers, they'll give you a bad reputation."

"So what? I already have a crap reputation." I stated. Brian raised his eyebrows, "And why would that be?" He asked. "Because I publicly embarrassed the school bully at my old school so that he never came back for a week. I also beat him up the day he came back so that he didn't come back again for another three days. How's that?" I explained.

Brian looked shocked but also amazed. "That's very impressive. I like a girl who's tough." He winked. I glared at him and Mikey stood up, furious. "Don't talk to her like that!" He exclaimed.

"Oh yeah? And what are you going to do about it?" Brian asked, cockily. I put my arm on Mikey's shoulder. "Mikey don't do it. It's fine, leave it alone." I whispered.

"No it's not okay. You shouldn't be talked to like that. And what happened in the caves, you don't deserve that at all." Mikey explained, almost about to break down. Butterflies came to my stomach as he said that. "Mikey, that's so sweet. Just... please, he's not worth getting into a fight with."

Brian scoffed, "Oh I didn't realize! Are you guys dating?" He exclaimed. Lots of other students turned to see what was happening. My face turned red. Oh great. Just what I need, boys getting into a fight and the whole school watching. And all during my first day at school.

Mikey went silent and looked down. "Yes." He whispered. "Sorry, I didn't hear you. What was that?" Brian pushed. "Yes." Mikey stated a little bit louder. I decided to intervene since the situation concerned me too.

"Yes, Brian. Mikey and I are dating." I firmly spoke. Brian rolled his eyes, "Come on, Lex. You could do way better than him. Look around! He's one of the losers of the school. What do you even see in him?"

I spoke clearly and with confidence in my voice. "I like Mikey, and I'm dating him because he's funny, comforting, sweet and he's actually fun to be around. You on the other hand, you're mean, cocky, disrespectful, insulting, and an insecure little girl."

The students around us "oohed" and listened in closer. I raised my eyebrow as Brian became embarrassed. "Y- you're a slut, Alexia." He harshly whispered.

My jaw dropped. "Don't you dare call Alexia that word!" Mouth stood up and was about to punch Brian, when another teacher came to see what the commotion was.

"What seems to be the problem, Brian?" A lady with short blond hair and glasses asked. "Oh, nothing really. There was just a lunch mix up, Mrs Chaulk." The teacher sighed, "Go back to class now, it's the end of lunch."

Brian smirked and walked away with his friends following behind him. I bit my lip to hold in the tears. Mikey noticed this and touched my shoulder. "Are you okay, Lex?" He asked. I shook my head and he wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

I let the tears spill. "He'd better watch his back from now on." I muttered, "He doesn't know who he's messed with." Mikey sighed and hugged me tighter. "You're an amazing person. You're strong,  and not at all what he said. You know that, right?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I guess... Thank you, Mikey." I told him, "We should get to class now." Mouth intervened. "Nope, we're skipping. Come on." Data and Chunk nodded their heads. "Yeah, it's health class next, and it always makes me hungry when we're talking about nutrition." Said Chunk.

I managed to give a small smile. "Okay... but what about attendance? Mr Stephens will know we're not there. And it's not exactly a couple of people that are leaving. It's a third of the class." Data nodded his head in understanding.

"So how about just Mikey, me and Lex go?" Mouth offered. (I really wanted to correct his grammar) "Aww but I don't wanna go to health class!" Chunk whined. Mikey rolled his eyes. "Come on, Chunk. You've made it through health class before! One more time isn't gonna make a difference."

"Aww fine!" Chunk sighed heavily. "I guess..." I nodded my head, unsure about it. "We'll have to make up an excuse, Okay?" Mouth stated. "Well... I can think of one. But it'll be kinda embarrassing" I said as I wiped the tears from my eyes as effectively as I could.

"Okay, what is it?" Mikey asked. I sighed, "Well, it's basically girl stuff. If you know what I mean..." I partially explained. The boys quickly nodded their heads, as they didn't want me to explain further.

"Ok... umm, we'll go find Mr Stephens then." My cousin said. Mikey motioned for us to follow him since he saw Mr Stephens in the hallway passing by. Mouth and I waved to Chunk and Data.

We exited the cafeteria, into the hallway. "Mr Stephens! Mr Stephens!" I called after him. "Is everything okay Alexia?" He asked. "Well, I was wondering if I could go home. I... ummm. Well, I'm on my period and I need a you know what. I didn't go and buy any for my house, but I have some at either Clark or Mikey's house. Would it be okay if they come with me just in case?"

His face turned red. "Well, yes of course. You may leave. I'll tell the principal what happened." Mr Stephens spoke quickly. He paced down the hallway and turned the corner. "Come on, lets go." Mouth said.

I haven't updated in SO LONG! I'm so sorry! My problem is that I've so many story ideas that I want to publish, and I've created too many projects. My publishing schedule is very inconsistent, so if you would like me to update one certain book more often please tell me in the comments. Thank you all so much for the reads and votes. Word count: 1509
Peace ✌️
                                                  -Lexi ❤️