chapter ten

A/N sorry I have been missing some of my updating Saturdays but if I ever miss them I'll most likely post them on Sundays like I have been doing

Jungkook ran into his apartment a crying mess.

It had been almost a month since he saw Taehyung before that incident, and he was

trying to forget about him. He was only trying to save him from the pain and heartbreak that he was currently feeling.

Long story short, seeing him, if only for a few minutes, made Jungkook miss him even

more. He felt awful, hearing the things Taehyung had to say to him. He wanted to apologize and see him again, to continue their weekly visits at Hakkasan. But he knew it wasn't right. It was wrong.

He completely spaced on the fact that he was wearing his oxygen tubes when Taehyung saw him. He had basically told him everything, by his words and his appearance alone. Now, there wasn't a single person that knew him that didn't know about his illness.

Since it was barely the evening, Jungkook had nothing better to do than lay down. He brought a pillow to his chest, heaving sobs into its white fabric.

It was very rare that Jungkook got this emotional, since typically he tried to stay stronger. He hated to pity himself, yet here he was basically breaking down into his pillow.

The white fabric soon turned damp with tears, and after a few minutes of shoulder-shaking sobs, Jungkook soon found it hard to breathe. He struggled to catch his breath and he tried to calm down, to no avail. He gasped for air but eventually found none, despite the tubes being in his nose. His eyes fluttered, and his vision soon grew blurry. Soon, his vision completely disappeared and he passed out, collapsing onto the wooden floor of his bedroom as he fell off his bed.

There was only one time he had ever gotten this emotional, but that was before he was sick. It was the day his brother died. Jungkook still remembers it vividly.

Seventeen-year-old Jungkook had just gotten through a full day of high school, and was practically bouncing with excitement. His older brother Junghyun was coming back to visit during their spring break, and the two planned on spending the entire week together, doing things like going to the beach and arcade.

It was already three, and Junghyun was supposed to come any minute. Jungkook sat with his face glued up against the window, causing the surface to fog up from his breath. His eyes darted and followed every single car that drove up his road.

Eventually, twenty minutes passed and Jungkook's excitement diminished. It wasn't like Junghyun to be late, and typically he showed up five minutes earlier. His nonchalant state soon turned into one of worry as another hour passed.

He pulled out his phone from his pocket and sent three texts to Junghyun, all asking the same questions. Are you okay? Where are you? Are you still coming?

The sun soon fell and the sky turned dark. It was now past six, and Jungkook still had yet to hear from his older brother. He sat on his living room couch, nervously bouncing his leg. His mother finally emerged from her room after spending the entire afternoon behind the locked door with his father.

"Isn't your brother supposed to be here by now?" She asked in a demanding tone, as if Jungkook knew where he was and had something to do with his disappearance.

"He is, eomma, but he hasn't showed up yet."

"Well where is he?"

"I-I don't know..." Jungkook's rambling was soon cut off by a harsh knock at the door. He sprang off the couch, his worried expression being replaced by a relieved one, figuring it was his older brother finally arriving. He was expecting some type of reason why he was late, maybe traffic or a delay or some other reason.