12

「The Next Day, Tuesday.」

Jaemin picked me up from my house again and now we're walking to school, I guess this is his routine now..

We were just talking about random stuff until I realized,

I never asked him about what the mentors' project is.

"Hey Jaemin," I said.

"Yeah?" Jaemin replied.

"What were you guys even working on to make you guys so busy that you can't even help out a transfer student?" I asked.

"Don't tell anyone yet, okay?" Jaemin asked and I nodded. "Well..." Jaemin said as he inched closer to my ear and whispered,

"We're going to host a party to celebrate this school's 40th anniversary."

"A party? The one's where you have to wear dresses?!" I whisper yelled.

"What are you talking about, you wear dresses on every party," Jaemin whispered back.

"Point taken," I said as I turned to face him as I noticed that we were so close that our noses almost touched.

I quickly jolted away, "Too close." I said as my cheeks turned to a light pink.

"Why, something wrong?" Jaemin said, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Shut up.." I mumbled as Jaemin laughed.

"I'm kidding," Jaemin said. "Anyways, I was wondering if you'd like to be my date for the party..?" He whispered.

"Say what now?" I asked.

"I said, would you like to be my date for the party?" He whispered a little louder.

"I know what you said but why me..?" I asked.

"Why not...?" Jaemin said, cracking up a smile.

"Hahahahahahahahahaha no, seriously," I said.

"Okay okay, I wanted to ask you since I don't really have anyone else to ask. Every other mentor already has their dates, so yeah..." Jaemin said, scratching the back of his head.

So he asked me, just because he doesn't have anyone else to ask? Ouch.

I scoffed, "You expect me to wear an itchy dress, just to go to that damn party? Hell no!" I replied.

"Awww c'mon ChanSook! Pleaaaase..?" Jaemin said, doing puppy eyes at me.

God, how cute he is.

...

Wait, what?

I sighed in defeat, "Fiiiiineeeeeee, I'll go to that stupid party..."

"Yay! Thanks alot! I owe you one," Jaemin said.

"Yeah yeah, McDonald's will do.." I said.

"Uh..what's going on here?" Someone said behind us.

"HOLY SHI-OH, YoungChul!" I said. "How long were you behind us?"

"Just now.." YoungChul replied.

"Oh, okay! Anyways, I'll talk to you later Jaemin!" I said.

"Kay, bye!" Jaemin said as he walked away.

"So his name is Jaemin..." YoungChul mumbled.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Hm? Oh, nothing.." YoungChul replied.

"Uh huh..." I said. "Anyways, what shall we do today?"

"I don't know, you're the mentor.." YoungChul said, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Alright alright, geez.." I said. "I mean, we've pretty much done everything and this thing lasts for two more days...."

"Are there anymore things that you need help with here at school?" I asked.

"My studies," YoungChul joked.

"Aw hell naw, I'm just a mentor dude not a tutor," I said as we both laughed.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding," YoungChul said in between laughs.

"Anyways, you can go home early today since we don't have anything else to do," I said.

"You sure..?" YoungChul asked.

"Positive," I replied.

"Alrighty then if you say so," YoungChul said. "Anyways what were you and that other guy talking about? Is it top secret or something because the both of you were really close. Wait, who even is he?"

"Oh, that's Jaemin, a childhood friend of mine," I replied. "We were talking about his activities in his organization, he didn't really wanted others to hear so yeah....."

"Oh, kay."

***

"Alright class, that's it for today's lesson. We still have a few more minutes before the bell rings so do whatever you want for the time being," The teacher announced.

Free time? Hell yes! I can sleep!

Is what I thought as I was disturbed by someone tapping on my shoulder.

I glanced over at the person to reveal that Jaemin was the one lightly tapped my shoulder.

I gave him a stern look,"What?"

"Want to hang out today? Like go in a cafe or something, my treat."

"Yeah sure," I replied.

He smiled, "Thank you. You can sleep now," He added.

"Thanks!"

I bowed my head as I slowly started to drift off.

***

Hey guys,
My school year just ended and the last few days of school was dreadful. I barely got any sleep ;w;

But aye, it's my summer vacation now. I'll be able to update more often (I hope), I just need a day break then I'll be updating more!