Ohmtoonz - More Than a Gift

Gift for fluffy-papaya (from the BBS discord I'm in)

This is the first thing I've written and finished since like 2014, I did this a few months ago and am only just now putting it here because I'm rarely on Wattpad anymore. It's short and kinda sucks but-

This AU is kinda set where the boys are neighbors and such but still gave each other their YT names as nicknames just so there's no confusion on that.

~

"This is fucking stupid, Delirious."

"No it is not, now shut up and wrap the present!"

Luke groaned, earning a maniacal giggle at his torment in return from his best friend, whose nickname fits a little too well. Gazing down at the object in his hands, doubt wriggled into his head again.

"Do you really think he'll like this dumb thing? I feel like he's gonna fuckin' laugh at me," he voiced to the man beside him, squeezing the soft item slightly. The item in question being an incredibly soft dog plush he'd bought on a whim.

"Of course he'll like it! If not, then he's gonna have to deal with my fists of fury bitch!" The words were accentuated with vigorous punches to the air by the scrawny man.

"Uh-huh, sure thing, string bean," he teased back, snickering at the scowl his words brought to Jonathan's face.

"L-like you have room to t-talk!" Luke just raised an eyebrow at his friend's spluttering, both of them knowing it made no sense. It was no secret the southerner was far from lacking in the muscle department, fully capable of taking care of himself physically. The same couldn't be very well said for his skinny companion, who huffed at him in annoyance before throwing a roll of green and blue wrapping paper at him. "Just give it to him and leave me alone."

The blue-eyed brunet stomped off with a pout, flopping onto the beat up couch nearby, phone in hand. Fond laughter erupted from the bearded man at the childish display, turning his attention back to the present in his grasp.

It really shouldn't be so nerve wracking, but he couldn't help the internal crisis from swirling through his thoughts, freezing all courage he could've ever mustered immediately. As much as he was usually the composed one, the man the gift was meant for just seemed to have the undying effect of turning his mental motor functions into useless goo.

He smiled fondly as he predicted what good reactions could possibly be received from the present. Surely the sweet brunet would gush about how Luke absolutely did not need to get him a present, how it was such a kind gesture no matter what the colorful paper contained.

But then again...

The fuzzy stuffed animal could also garner a less than pleasant situation as well. Perhaps his long time crush would think the gift is ridiculous and laugh at him for it; think it's stupid and hand it back. Not to even mention the fact of him possibly confessing to his neighbor in the process.

No, no. Ryan isn't like that, even if he laughs at it, surely he would still appreciate it, right? But what if he pushes me away for my feelings?

Luke's train of thought was cut short by a knock at the door, causing Jon to bolt straight up in his seat. "Oohh, that must be him. Leave wrapping the present to me, Cartoonz, and go open the door!" He didn't have much time to react, nor protest, as a blur of blue snatched the paper and plush from his fingertips and bolted upstairs.

Blinking away his confusion, the southerner strode to the front door, neglecting to acknowledge the sweat forming on his skin as a rare plume of anxiety wormed its way throughout his stomach.