Talking

The whole trip back I watch her and only her, Chris tried to take over so I could rest but I can't. I watch as she breathes softly into the mask, seeing her eyes still closed. Somehow feeling like this was possibly my fault. Knowing I should've gone against my orders and tell her what was happening. 

I feel the helicopter land, giving a major thump. I hold onto Y/N, seeing others hop off. I motion Chris and Jill to help me carry her out. We carefully picked up her torso and legs, passing it off to Jake. We all hop off, I quickly grab her and go towards the nursery.

Everyone follows as we pass the agency's hallways, except for Ada. Her and Y/N are wanted but at this point I don't care. A nurse quickly runs up to me and motions other nurses to grab the bed. She leans over Y/N and checks her eyes with a light, seeing no reaction only breathing.

(Nurse)- "Can you tell me what happened?"

(Leon)- "She was injected with the recent virus in Seattle, she's not turning into a monster I think her body is fighting it off." She nods and a man takes her body from me.

(Nurse)- "We'll treat her right away, it may take a few days." They lay her on the stretcher and start to roll her away, they gave the nurse paperwork. Everyone starts to follow the moving stretcher, I run up and stay by her body. "Anything different with her?"

(Leon)- "Her skin color, breathing, everything really."

(Nurse)- "Alright" The stretcher goes through two big doors, I try to follow in but the nurse pushes me back. "We have everything under control, so agent I'm gonna need you to stay in the lobby or proceed to go home."

(Leon)- "I'll be in the lobby" I walk off, and sit down in the lobby with the others. "You all can go home, I need to stay." They all understand and go home, I say goodbye to all and watch them depart.

(Four Days Later)

I lean in the chair, rubbing my eyes. Watching people go and come back for days now. I've been asking for days and they wouldn't answer any of my questions. I don't know about days anymore.

(Five Weeks Later)

I watch as a man flirts with a woman, I scoff and look down at my shot. I take it down and watch the bartender come back to me, I hold up my hand. Seeing her nod and pouring me another one, I take that down as well. She laughs and hands me the whole bottle, I take it and pour another shot.

(Bartender)- "Don't kill yourself man" I look up and scoff, I drink another shot and slam it down.

(Leon)- "Honestly, I feel like I should be dead." I tap my finger on the glass, thinking if I should take another or stop and head home. I've been avoiding Hunnigan, not wanting to go back until Y/N was okay.

I pour in the final shot, I gulp it down feeling it barely sting anymore. I reach and take out my wallet, I take out cash and put it on the table. I stand up and walk past the lonely man trying to get a date. I look down and shake my head, I open the bar door feeling the fresh air.

I walk down the sidewalk, seeing random faces pass me by. I keep walking now feeling droplets of rain hit my jacket. I keep walking til I made it home, I open the door and slam it. I toss my jacket on the table and walk over to the liquor cabinet. Taking another bottle and putting it on the counter.

I take a glass and pour the liquor in, I walk around the kitchen island and sit down on the stool. I put a hand through my hair feeling it wet, I take it out. Letting my arm fall onto the island, I grab the glass and bring it up to my lips. I then hear knocking on my door, knowing it probably Chris telling me to stop drinking. I walk over to the door and open it, I see Y/N standing there.

(Y/N)- "Well don't stop drinking on my count." She smiles and looks up at me, I notice that her eyes are a different color. "Well I can tell you're shocked, but uh we need to talk--" I slam my lips against her, she follows my movements, she leans into me and I quickly close the door. 

(Time Skip, Y/N Point of View)

I feel Leon's arm curl around my expose back, I wrap my arm around his expose abdomen. I feel his steady heartbeat and breathing, I stretch a bit and hike the covers up a bit.

(Y/N)- "Y'know, this isn't what I meant by talking." He chuckles in his throat, and looks down at me. 

(Leon)- "Well I find it better than talking, especially when I'm in the mood." I look up and he starts kissing me again, he deepens the kiss but I break away.

(Y/N)- "I don't know if this is you talking or the liquor." I tilt my head and laugh, he smiles without his teeth and looks straight. "I know you're wondering what happened to me these few weeks."

(Leon)- "I would be lying if I said I didn't" I sit up next to him, laying my head on his shoulder. He sits up as well. "I have questions."

(Y/N)- "And I have answers."