Chapter 1

Catherine is a young woman who has a life to the fullest. She's a metalhead and ambitious musician.

She knows that she is adopted but don't know fully about her biological parents. But at the moment, she is happy with her parents that took care of her.

She had a Speech and Language disability and with a Development Language Disorder. She wasn't properly diagnosed until she was ten when she began to speak. Her school life was hell for her. The staff kept thinking that she had autism for lack of eye contact and being mute. She got bullied and the school couldn't be bothered to sort it out. Then, she got PTSD and anxiety. She couldn't understand what was going on around her. She went through special need schools and she went to the music college.

Her music passion is come from music therapy at the age of six. Her parents had no idea how it came about.

Then, during the education courts for take her the special school at the age of twelve, she goes through the home-schooling program and met a young woman who was a goth and she got interested in that. And to this day, it's not a phase.

When she was fifteen years old, she discovered Ghost on the record shop. She loved them ever since. Whenever they were touring, she goes there with her dad. She knows ALL the songs and recently took up bass guitar.

She tried to form bands and didn't go anywhere. There were no organising and no communication. Every time it does happen, she intends to give up her dream to be in a metal band.

But she ALWAYS dream to become a nameless ghoul. She learned many songs on her own and record them onto YouTube. She always buys Ghost merch whenever she can afford it and magazines that has an article of them. She is a massive fan. She listens to them 24/7. Her parents were annoyed of her obsession but liked the music.

Her favourite frontman is Papa Emeritus III. She found him really fit and funny. She nearly cried when she saw a video on Facebook of him taking away on stage. And she was so upset that he is dead. But she still loves him in her heart. 

One day several years ago, she was out with her friends at a metal gig in a local town. Then, she felt an excruciating pain on her left eye. Her friends were making sure that she was okay. She shrugs it off. It became a three-month thing of the eye pain before it gets more frequent as years go by.

She gets irritated with a band she was with and they couldn't be bothered to continue. They would rather do something else than be with her, because she is a woman. She was offended and quickly quit. All the times that she was in a band and every time it went downhill.

She was about to give up her future plan of be in a metal band and about to find a job for paying the rent. She can't handle the situation. 

When the new Ghost album was out, she instantly love Cardinal Copia. She always wanted to be part of Ghost. She can't stop talking and thinking about it. She always hoping something will happen. 

After eight months of the Prequelle release, she received an elegant and neat envelope with a black wax seal. She looked at the wax seal and noticed the grucifix symbol. She shrieked of joy and ran to the bedroom. She jumped into the bed and carefully lift the seal off. She pulled out the letter, unfold the paper and it read:

Dear Miss Bylake,

I'm writing to tell you that, you got a place at the clergy. We've heard that you are a fan and a bassist. We want you to be a nameless ghoulette along with other ghouls.

We are looking forward to see you and have a good relationship with you for years to come.

Your sincerely,

Ministry of Ghost

Catherine is freaking out of the fact that Ghost want her to join and at the same time, confused of how do they know about her. As she put the envelope on her desk, a flight ticket slides out. She checked the date of departure and realised that it's tomorrow. She panicked and grab her suitcase to start packing. She put her clothes, Dungeons & Dragons books, pencil case full of polyhedral dice sets, make-up, CDs and sketch books and pencils in the suitcase as quick as the Flash. She couldn't sleep because of the excitement of being part of Ghost. 

At 5 o'clock in the morning, she got up, have a quick breakfast, grab her suitcase, bag, ticket and passport and head to the train station. She couldn't wait to travel to the secret headquarters. But she is worried about traveling on the plane on her own.

As she made it to Gatwick Airport, she looked confused and scared. She couldn't speak to the staff for help. Luckily, the clergy organised the assistant to help her get through the airport. She was a man in black suit with a grucifix pin on the shirt and walk towards him. He saw her and said, "Ah. You must be Catherine." She nodded and struggling to speak. He can tell that she is anxious and added, "It's okay not to speak. I'll help you to get there." She smiled and bowed her head. She still struggling to make eye contact. He beckoned her to follow him and she does.

They made to the aeroplane and sat down on the reserved seats. Catherine was shaking of traveling on her own without her family. She put her earphone in and play Ghost on her iPod. As she is tired from the early start, she fell asleep. The assistant check on Catherine and he quickly text the clergy for updates before the plane set off. 

It was a three-hour flight and the assistant gently nudge her to wake up. "We have landed, Catherine." She groaned of tiredness, flutter her eyes open and lazily nodded. She slowly got up from the seat and the assistant got the bags from the overhead rack.

They exit the plane and got Catherine's suitcase. They got to the arrival area and she saw a man with a sign says Catherine Bylake with a small grucifix at the bottom of the sign. She smiled and they walk towards the man. The assistant helped her with the suitcase as they head out of the airport.

She is struggling to say something, but she couldn't. She is mute in many occasions since she stopped talking at three years old. 

An hour and a half later, they arrived at the ministry. Catherine opened her eyes and yawned. The assistants got the suitcase out and open her car door. She took deep breaths and got out. She is shaken from the nerves and she cling on her backpack and suitcase tight.

She stared at the double doors and prepare for the worst. She saw the door open, quietly gasp and the figure appeared.