30 (last part!)

Y/n's POV:

I looked to my right to see Richie starting to wake up. I shook Eddie awake. And he groaned and said "no y/n let me sleep your so comfortable." I got so many butterflies. But his best friend is waking up and as much as I want to keep Eddie in my lap I don't think he wants to miss this.

Then I whispered in his ear "Hey Ed's, Richie is waking up." And his eyes shot open. He quickly got off me and ran to Richie's side which was like 5 feet away from the chair😂

All of us gathered around Richie's bed. He rubbed his eyes and opened them. He looked shocked and said "what the...." And then Eddie said "oh Richie I'm so glad your ok." And hugged his side. And Richie hugged him back. Than Eddie let go. And Richie looked at the rest of us and said "oh hey guys." And we all said together unplanned "hey Richie."

And then he said "I didn't know you cared so much about me princess." And he looked straight at me and I rolled my eyes and said "I don't I'm just here cause your my friend." And he winked at me.

I rolled my eyes at him and stuck my tongue out at him. He laughed and that made everyone else laugh. Richie than started talking with Bev and Bill.

1 hour later

We had to say goodbye to Richie cause visiting times were over. Richie had to stay in the hospital for a few more days until he's completely healed. Eddie and I started walking home.

His house and my house were kind of close so we walked in the same direction. We were walking side by side on the sidewalk. It was very quiet.

Then I noticed that our hands are almost touching. Then I took a chance. I slid my hand in his. He didn't do anything just kept his hand in mine. That's weird usually he would pull away and say "grow y/n you have germs!" But nope nothing.

I smiled to myself. He never did this with anyone else before I don't think. He gripped onto my hand more and I smiled again. Then he said "y/n can I ask you something?" And I said "yeah Ed's anything."

And he took a deep breathe and said "ok so there is this girl at our school and she's really pretty but I don't know how to tell her that I have feelings for her, how do I do it?"

After he said that my heart broke a little. He.....likes....another......girl...... I sighed and said "well.......just be a man and go up to her and tell her how you feel, girls like confident guys." (If you don't like confident guys than forget about this part)

And we had reached my house and Eddie walked me up the steps to my front door. Than he said "hey y/n, thanks for the advice and ummmm I have to be honest about something......I like you y/n like a lot and I hope this doesn't affect our friendship....."

BAM!!!

I closed the space between us. He was shocked at first than melted into it. He pulled me closer and I ran my hands in his soft brown hair. And that's how I fell in love with the kid with not 1 but 2 fanny packs😂😂