Twelve

Jeonghan watched as Seungcheol entered the tent and took a seat beside him. "I'll call you back," he said to Mrs. Choi before disconnecting the call. Seungcheol handed him a cup of soda, and Jeonghan accepted it with gratitude.

"Who was that guy?" Jeonghan asked, taking a sip.

Seungcheol rolled his eyes. "He's just a pervert who has been after me for a long time. He couldn't believe that I had a boyfriend."

Jeonghan nodded, recalling the earlier incident. "I see... That was why you pointed at me."

Seungcheol confirmed with a nod. "This camp is important to me if I want a promotion at work."

Jeonghan widened his eyes in surprise. "Really?"

Seungcheol nodded. "If I do well with all the activities here, it increases my chances of a promotion. I really need it for the sake of my kids and me. It means fewer working hours and more pay, so you don't have to worry about us anymore and can continue your own life."

Jeonghan fell silent, feeling the sting of Seungcheol's words. "I don't mind working in your house. I enjoy taking care of you and the kids," he confessed.

There was an uncomfortable silence as their eyes met. Seungcheol seemed to hesitate, then quickly stood up and announced, "Let me get some fresh air," before leaving the room.

Jeonghan sighed softly, feeling the weight of his emotions. He knew he was falling for Seungcheol, especially after discovering that he was his first love. But he also knew that even if Seungcheol fell in love with him, he would never admit it because he didn't want anyone to take the place of his beloved Jihoon.

Later that evening, the staff and their partners gathered inside a huge tent for dinner. Seungcheol and Jeonghan sat together while Mingyu and Wonwoo sat opposite them, displaying their affection for each other. As Jeonghan envied them, he also felt sick of their lovey-dovey attitude.

Suddenly, Jeonghan felt a hard shove in the back of his chair. When he turned, he saw the pervert from that morning giving him a scornful look, with two men standing behind him. Seungcheol looked at the man with a deep frown.

"What the hell do you want, Ren?" Seungcheol barked.

Ren laughed and raised his hand dramatically. "Does anybody in this room believe that these two are actually dating? If you do, please raise your hand."

Surprisingly, no one raised their hand. Seungcheol and Jeonghan stood up together.

"What is your business if we are dating or not?" Seungcheol challenged.

Ren smirked and taunted, "I feel like he's just using you, and you are complying to his wishes because of your unrequited love for him."

Jeonghan quieted, knowing there was some truth to Ren's words. Suddenly, he felt Seungcheol grab his hand tightly and retort, "You're wrong!" Then Ren challenged Seungcheol to kiss Jeonghan to prove their relationship, and to Jeonghan's surprise, Seungcheol did – a short yet deep and passionate kiss that exposed Seungcheol's pain and longing for love.