Chapter 6: Cupcakes

Dolly zoned out, as her teacher spoke with such a tone-less voice that'd put anyone to sleep. She couldn't really stop thinking about Penelope's party, or more like mentally preparing for all the social interaction.
     Once the final bell rang, Dolly waited for everyone to leave first, she hated being shoved around to out of the door. As she gathered her things, she made her way out to the hall. Dolly glanced around for Neil, most days he comes and talks to her before going home. Someone harshly shoved against Dolly, almost knocking her down.

     "Oops! So sorry about that." A naggy voice announced. Dolly sighed, straightening her back to Cadence. The traditional school bitch, according to Dolly and Neil. Rolling her eyes, Dolly made an attempt to walk around her, but one of the minions, Minnie, quickly stepped in front of her.

    "I heard you got invited to Penny's party. First time for you ain't it?" Cadence voice was equivalent to the AOL dial up tone, annoying and cringeworthy.

     "Funny, I know you aren't invited." Dolly remarked. Cadence scowled at her as she shifted her pose.

     "I have better things to do then be anywhere around that party!" She snapped.

     "Good for you. You done? Unlike you, I have places to be." Dolly checked her watch before making another attempt to walk past her. This time they let her pass, and Dolly hastily headed outside. What does that girl have against her anyway? She never done anything to her!

     "Dolly! Wait up! Wait, I might trip!" Neil yelled as he ran to catch up with her.

      "Oh, sorry. I had to get out of there. Cadence was bothering me." Dolly told. Neil rolled his eyes.

     "Stupid bitch. Anyway, Penelope wanted me to ask you if you wanted her parents to take you to her house tomorrow." Neil informed. Dolly took her phone out to quickly message her.

    "Yeah, I'll have to ask mom and dad, but it should be fine. You riding along with?" Dolly asked. Neil nodded.

     "I asked and she said it'd be ok." Dolly nodded, watching as her mother drove up the side. Dolly waved by to Neil as she got in.

     Dolly ran straight to her room once she got home. Feeling the need to pick an outfit out, but she knew Penny will still want to dress her up and everything. Dolly ended up setting aside her favorite pants, her dark red shirt matched with a grey jacket that she rolled the sleeves up. Satisfied, Dolly headed back down stairs.

    Dolly stopped by the kitchen, noticing the opened basement door. Odd, its never opened. She knew she is never, under any circumstances, allowed to go down there. Something to do with its dark and she'd get hurt.

    "Dolly! Get away from there!" Chloe imminently pushed Dolly away, slamming the door shut.

     "Sorry! It was opened!" Dolly defended herself, even tho she was very temped to go down there. Chloe sighed, turing to Dolly gently.

     "Its ok, just don't ever go down there. Come on, you can help me real quick." Chloe calmly set her hand on Dolly's shoulder to lead her to the kitchen. Dolly raised a brow, why did they get so bent out of shape about the basement?

"Your father and I talked a little more about you going to this party," Chloe started. Dolly's shoulders dropped, were they seriously not gonna let her go?
"And?" She waited for her mother to continue. Chloe dug threw the covers quickly, getting baking pans out.
"I talked your dad into letting you stay the night if Penelope is wanting you too." Chloe spoke hesitantly, like she was still against it.
"What? What got you guys to think that? Not that I don't want to and all, but you'd never let me do that!" Dolly was taken by surprise, this is new!
"I've been thinking, your young and you should be more social. I don't think it'd be good for you to develop social anxiety or anything." Chloe explained as she covered the island in the kitchen with baking things.
"Thank you, I really appreciate it." Dolly smiled wide, barely containing the excitement. Her hands even felt a little shaky as she took a deep breath. A perfect doll must be calm and collected. Dolly went ahead and started helping her mother when Chloe got out the cupcake mix. For the past 2 years they make cupcakes for her friends birthdays, by friends it really means just for Neil, Penelope, and sometimes Claudia.

Dolly helped decorate Penelope's birthday cupcakes while secretly texting Penelope the good news.
What Dolly never noticed was how much Chloe was glancing at the basement door. They should be making enough noise upstairs in case he screws anything up. They needed to hurry up and move the doll out. She wants a new doll. Now.