Ten

Jack paced inside Alaina's room. They had taken her to go get a scan to see what was happening to her, and why she blacked out. He couldn't help but think the worst things. What if she was dying? What if this and what if that. All of the what if's were running through his head. He was worried. Nothing scared him more than to lose the ones he loved. 

Jack knew that he would be broken if Alaina died. They hadn't been dating long, but he already knew he wanted to marry her. He wanted to have kids, and grow old with her. 'But it might not happen now' Jack thought. Everyone around him were worried for Alaina, but they could tell Jack was the most worried out of all of them.

A few hours later and no updates, Jack decided to go outside and get some fresh air. Being in a hospital stressed him out. It also freaked him out. There were many deaths inside of hospitals. Lots of people were sick. People would bleed all over the floor. It freaked him out, and he hated it. 

One of the guys went outside to tell Jack that Alaina was going in for emergency surgery. They guy saw Jack pacing back and for while crying. He could tell Jack was scared for Alaina. He could also tell that Jack loved her very much, and didn't want to lose her. So, he approached Jack carefully. This is Smokey, by the way.

"Jack, we just got word Alaina is going in for emergency surgery. Apparently, her brain was bleeding inside of her head, and they needed to fix it right away or else she would die." Smokey told him. Jack looked at him, nodded, and proceeded to break down crying. Smokey looked at him with sympathy, and crouched in front of him. 

"She's going to be fine, Jack. From what I've seen, she's a fighter. You're not gonna get rid of her that easily." Smokey said. Jack looked up, and gave him a small smile. He chuckled a little bit, and got up off the ground. "Thanks man. I appreciate it." Jack told Smokey. Smokey waved it off, and brought Jack inside to wait for Alaina to get out of surgery.