Why me?

I went home and couldn't stop crying, I sat in my dark room, on the floor.

The sun was going down, it was sort of an in between of night and day.

I kept thinking to myself..why me? But of course Nobody would answer back..I'm not that crazy.

I looked up to see my razor on my bed.

In my mind there were multiple voices saying 'do it' and 'you don't deserve to live' all speaking at once..

I grabbed my razor, closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and was going to cut as hard as I could. This is how my life would end, I thought to myself.

That's when I saw...my mother.

She looked amazing. She walked over to me, putting her hand on my cheek.

"Don't do this Cassie." She whispered.

"Mom?"

I was so confused..

"Don't worry I'm in a better place now, please just listen to me and put the razor down. You are beautiful and smart and I'm sorry I treated you so badly. Please, for me. Don't do this."

Wow..hearing her say that was a lot to sink in. I can't waste my life away.

"Mom, what happened to you? I know you...passed..but how?"

"...let's just say you were about to do the same thing I did before I died."

My mom committed suicide?? Tears ran down my face just thinking about it.

"I'm so sorry mom..I promise I won't cut anymore."

Yeah..this was a big step, but for my mom..I'd do anything.

She smiled at me, kissing my forehead.

She then turned back, walking away..and faded.