Cancer

Hours later, it was now 10:34 at night, I was reading a book when I heard a knock on my window, I
Thought it was a tree or something since it was raining pretty hard outside...but then I heard it again. I looked outside my blinds to see Adrian.

"Oh my god! Adrian! Hold on, I'll be right there!"
I ran outside to see him standing there, soaked in rain.
I smiled and hugged him.
"What are you doing here?"
I tried not to sound like I didn't want him here but there's really no way to not make it sound like that.

"I miss you, look, I told my parents that I'm going to keep hanging out with you wether they like it or not."
I smiled,

"You did?"
"Yeah, I realized something actually...I realized that I'm in love with you Cassie."

I was completely shocked. That's why he was so angry and jealous when Derek and I dated. I was sure that I loved him back now.
"I love you too Adrian." I said, smiling at him.

It was silent. Well, besides the rain and thunder.
He pulled me close to him and kissed me! It sort of startled me, but it was amazing. I pulled him closer with my arms wrapped around his neck. I could just hear the romantic music in movies playing in my head. Stupid, right?

That's when we heard his brother call him from his house,
"Oh crap..I gotta go, but trust me, we will see each other again soon..very soon." He said with a grin.

Since I was soaked already, I thought I might as well take a shower and head off to bed.
------
I woke up to a sharp ringing sound in my ears. It was my cell phone under my pillow. I rubbed my eyes while hitting 'accept'.
"Hello..?" I tried to sound like I didn't just wake up considering it was 1 in the afternoon.

"Hi yes, Cassie? My name is Andrea, I'm calling from Crooks hospital in regards to your friend, Jason. I'm terribly sorry to say this but he died of
glioblastoma this morning. It's a type of cancer found in the brain, we did everything we could do an-
I cut her off there.