chapter four

randalls pov-

i saw the incident with that golem. maybe jack was right? she is brave and strong, but i feel like she isn't mentally ready to know about this. i was at the den talking to hamish about this. lilith and jack were there also, "just because she's your girlfriend doesn't mean she has to join!" lilith said. "she's not my girlfriend" i stated, it was true she wasn't my girlfriend. just a friend. just a friend? oh god i like her, and i just met her! "what if she says we tried to do something to her?" hamish asked, "nova isn't like that, i'm pretty sure she would handle it alright. like she did about the golem and the order" jack said. hamish was hesitant to answer. "fine, but the one of the hides should choose her. jack get something that nova values a lot" hamish said. this decision made lilith explode like a grenade. "just because she got chocked by golem means she has to join! we are fine with just the four of us!" she said. hamish didn't say anything as jack pulled a locket out of his pocket. "this means a lot to her, it's a picture of her and her parents.. before they died" he said.

we were in the basement as hamish got the hides ready, he set the necklace down on the stone counter and we waited. one of the crates started to shake like crazy. merciless razorclaw. the hide was well known for making it's victim to scream in agony, begging for mercy. it thrived off of their fear, it's claws were razor sharp. like a hot knife cutting butter. the sound of ripping flesh brought enjoyment to it. "and this is why she shouldn't become a knight" lilith said. if she chooses to join maybe the hide won't make her a killer, but when should we tell her about us and ask her to join?

novas pov-

the sunshine was shinning through the curtains, it was nice out. i was currently wearing shorts and a tee. it was a peaceful sunday afternoon. after last nights events i needed some fresh air and to think what it was. so i decided to take a walk. going on a path that went through the woods and campus. it wasn't that long of a trail and not to short. enough time to think.

the sound of leaves crunching and twigs breaking brought satisfaction to my ears. the birds singing in the distance made it peaceful and calming. nothing could better then this. until something fell and broke into pieces next to me. oh come on! i turn around to see the creature that attacked us, luckily this morning jack told me it was a golem. made out of mud, hopefully it doesn't kill me. the golem turned it's head and somehow was able to say "now i have to kill you" without a mouth. it came closer to me, i was trying to run but i couldn't. i was frozen from fear. the closer it got the harder it was for me to move. until it got about three inches in front of me i ran. not looking back i could hear it running towards me.

i tripped over a rock and fell face first. it grabbed me by the ankles and dragged me closer to it, getting on top of me. i rolled over onto my back as it was trying to attack me. it was strong and i don't think i could take this thing on my own, after screaming for help, kicking and punching, something pulled the golem off of me. i sat up and saw a large furry creature tearing it apart. i examined myself, i was covered in dirt and had some blood on me, there was a huge blood stain on my shirt. i lifted it up to see huge slash marks that were deep.  i scooted towards a tree, putting my back on the trunk. i held my side as i watched the huge creature tear the golem apart. what the hell did i get myself into?

a/n: oooo a cliff hanger, sorry about that lol. anyways i hope youve enjoyed this chapter! i may post another chapter tonight! also credit to spideysmask for the idea of this and the next chapter!! <3