Kristen, Salem, and the Revelation

"All right, here is the deal! You know I go to church on a regular basis. I have been to Mexico on a mission to build houses! And, I am still a virgin despite having had a couple of intense relationships." Kristen was whispering to her God. "I am only asking that this one time you grant my prayer for an 'A' on my physics test. You know I never beg for this type of thing but I forgot to study." She knew that was a lie and so she corrected herself. "I meant to study but being with my friend's was too tempting to miss. Ughhhh!" She exclaimed. "Honestly, I just need this 'A' to keep up my grade point. Pleeeezze help me today and pop the answers into my brain? I am begging and pleading for your help." She kept whispering her request. "Just make it so I know the answers."

Why didn't I study? She thought to herself.

Have you ever not studied for a test and thought about asking God for help? Did you really think it would work? I think you would be surprised at how many students ask.

"Are you up and getting ready for school?" Kristen's mom questioned from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes!" stated Kristen loud enough for her mom to her but not too loud because she was not interested in a conversation with her mother right now.

Kristen went to her dresser and grabbed her favorite bra and then rummaged around looking for the matching thong. She went to her vanity to plug in her flat iron and then headed to her bathroom.

Being the only girl in her family did have some benefits, in Kristen's case, it was having her own private bathroom; an ensuite. Kristin's parents are both professionals and they are able to provide a comfortable lifestyle for their family of five. Their home is on a tree lined street in a neighborhood that anyone would be proud to live in. The homes are well kept and the lawns are manicured. The neighborhood has a large swimming pool that Kristen and her friends have enjoyed over the last several years. Even this summer as a pending seniors she and her friends frequented the pool when they were not working their summer jobs. It is a lifestyle that is very comfortable and feels safe. The petty gossip in this neighborhood is about someone's misbehaved dog or a possible divorce. There are no violent episodes; no gentrification needed; no root shock; and no one appears to have financial woes. It makes for a pleasant and desirable lifestyle. It is all Kristen has known since she was 4 years old.

In case you were wondering, root shock occurs when plants roots are abruptly ripped when being transferred from one pot to another. The plant suffers a shock to its system. This can happen to human beings when they are forced from their homes through eviction. Humans can also suffer root shock.

Kristen got into the shower and started to wash her shoulder length hair. She found herself thinking about God and her prayer for help on her physics test. Being a devout Christian she was worrying that maybe it is cheating or sinful to ask God for help on her test. She was obsessing on the thought that it is a sin to ask for help on a test when she had not studied. All this was going on in her mind as she began to rinse out the conditioner (which you know always takes longer than shampoo). In her mind she wondered; would God be angry with me for asking for this type of miracle? Is asking for an A on a test asking for a miracle? Is this like a Cardinal player asking for a home run? Why do I have to be afraid of God? Why can't God be a loving God instead of an angry God? If he was willing to let his only begotten son die on the cross; what might he do to me for having such petty and selfish wish? Is this possibly sinful behavior? Is it unforgivable?

Then suddenly and without any warning; Kristen, found herself (at least a part of herself) hovering on a white fluffy type of cloud. She felt no fear. She instinctively knew that she was alright and that something special was occurring. She also felt as if there were many others all around her; although she could not actually see them she could sense them. She felt an overwhelming sense of peace and connection with her surroundings. A nano second later she felt as if she was being asked, via a thought; what is your question? She responded quickly in thought; 'should I be afraid of God? Have I offended God?' She then received an answer back, also in the form of a thought. 'Fear not; you have free will; God loves you; and you can trust in the Spirit of Truth.'