Two; Disoriented

Althea loved the feeling of the fire on her face it was warm and calmed her in a way. The blonde was currently sitting with Glenn, snuggling close to the male as they listened to Rick explain his story. “Disoriented.” he muttered, wrapping his arms around his son and wife, the two smiling softly at the action. That's all Althea really heard before closing her eyes, dozing off, assuming that the conversation continued.

***

She woke up a few minutes later, she was in someone's arms, their grip tight but comforting. She soon realized it couldn't be anyone else, but Shane and it was. Her father figure was sleeping softly beside her, his arms wrapped around the little girl.

Why did he seem so different? Althea questioned, but she also wanted to know what had happened when she fell asleep, sure, she should've went back to sleep, but something from outside told her to go. She soon pulled away from Shane's embrace, tip toeing out of the tent quietly then into the empty camp site. She mumbled a few words to herself before stepping over to Glenn's tent, stopping when she heard the voice of Daryl Dixon from a few tents away. She cursed under her breath, sneaking into the Korean man's tent. “Glenn. Glenn.” she whispered, crawling over to him. “Hah? What? Oh. Hey Althy, what's up?” he asked, patting down next to him and giving the girl room to crawl in, and she did, snuggling close to him once again. “What happened when I fell asleep, Glenn?” she whispered in a gentle tone, nuzzling his chest in a calling way. “We discovered a Walker, but don't worry, Daryl was there to kill it... Got the deer he was hunting though...” he explained, patting her head when she tensed up at the word walker the girl nodded, soon closing her eyes. “Goodnight Glenn...” she whispered, feeling his body relax. “Goodnight Althy, I love you...” The two soon dozed off to the sound of their breathing.

***

Althea only slept well when she was with Glenn or Carl and every in camp knew this so it was no surprise when they found the little girl curled up in his arms. She had woken up late, as usual, Glenn already left and was now going to retrieve Merle, a small pout leaving her lips when she heard this, it was dangerous and the last thing she wanted was for him to get hurt, or even killed, but she knew that would never happen.

Althea rolled out of the sleeping bag, quickly climbing out of the tent and seeing Carl sitting and waiting for her by Lori, a bored expression on his face. It was soon replaced with excitement when he saw the little girl crawl out of the tent lazily. “Althea!” he cheered, running up to her and trapping her in a big embrace. “G–Good morning..?” she laughed in a confused tone, soon letting out a relieved sigh when he let her go. “Let's go play!” he cheered, grabbing her hand then leading her away.

She loved her life.